Now that MTSU is looking for a new Head Coach could Creasy be their man.

BarneySox2007

8 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The way Oakland looked on defense last Friday Night stopping Boo Carter like they did MTSU would be making a grave mistake if they didn't offer Creasy that job and pay him what he needed to come on board.

I don't think he would take it. He has what I believe is 2 more years to have his tenure in order to draw retirement from Tennessee Teachers assoc, and that would also allow him to coach his son's senior season. At that point I could see a bidding war in the private schools for him. He would maintain his retirement and benefits, plus get paid a ton to do nothing but coach.  

Edited by Blaze45
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The way Oakland looked on defense last Friday Night stopping Boo Carter like they did MTSU would be making a grave mistake if they didn't offer Creasy that job and pay him what he needed to come on board.

You think maybe he's sort of aware of Quarles' situation? Not my business to decide what Creasy is happy with...if he's got lofty dreams of big money and celebrity status, you have to take risks to get there. If he's happy with a great living and a current strangle hold on HS football in Tn., he'd be crazy to walk away from the situation that he has on lockdown.

8 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

There are going to be better candidates than Creasy who have been successful at the college level. On second thought, maybe Oakland can replace him with GQ.....

Right!  Don’t think MTSU is looking to experiment with a high school coach.  Now I could see BA making a very interesting offer.  

53 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I don't think he would take it. He has what I believe is 2 more years to have his tenure in order to draw retirement from Tennessee Teachers assoc, and that would also allow him to coach his son's senior season. At that point I could see a bidding war in the private schools for him. He would maintain his retirement and benefits, plus get paid a ton to do nothing but coach.  

Yep, collect full retirement while raking in some pocket money from a private.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

You think maybe he's sort of aware of Quarles' situation? Not my business to decide what Creasy is happy with...if he's got lofty dreams of big money and celebrity status, you have to take risks to get there. If he's happy with a great living and a current strangle hold on HS football in Tn., he'd be crazy to walk away from the situation that he has on lockdown.

Quarles had 4 years at Furman before going ti ETSU. He took a job with ETSU who has champagne taste but a beer budget. ETSU just hired Gardner-Webb's coach because they have a beer budget but they could only afford Bud Lite when they were giving it away this summer.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Right!  Don’t think MTSU is looking to experiment with a high school coach.  Now I could see BA making a very interesting offer.  

BA would be crazy not to go after Creasy. MTSU most likely fired a better coach than they will find. The facalities at MTSU are horrible as it comes and I am so glad they don't have the championships there any more. It would be a coaches nightmare to draw in good players to a place like that.

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

BA would be crazy not to go after Creasy. MTSU most likely fired a better coach than they will find. The facalities at MTSU are horrible as it comes and I am so glad they don't have the championships there any more. It would be a coaches nightmare to draw in good players to a place like that.

BA has some stuff to fix before they can get a coach of Creasy's caliber on board.

MTSU is about to undergo a major upgrade in facilities.  Not gonna find a better person than Stockstill but he had a sub .500 record against FBS competition and a poor record of recruiting his own state which has been putting out more and more FBS talent. 

MTSU can do better