Now that MTSU is looking for a new Head Coach could Creasy be their man.

BarneySox2007

13 hours ago, cbg said:

1.  I would be shocked if MTSU would even consider a high school coach

2.  If I am not mistaken his retirement would be the same plan as he currently has

3.  If by chance he were offered the job, there are 1 million reason to accept the job

If he did take it at a million, he would be in the same shape Stockstill was in. POOR facilities, and poor fan support. It would be short lived for anyone until they step up and do something about their facilities. No recruit wants to go to a place where it is crap even with a great coach. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

If he did take it at a million, he would be in the same shape Stockstill was in. POOR facilities, and poor fan support. It would be short lived for anyone until they step up and do something about their facilities. No recruit wants to go to a place where it is crap even with a great coach. 

They're breaking ground on new facilities and the fan support is poor bc they got tired of just making a bowl game as the bar set for success

The next coach will have to be a go getter while being able to recruit well in-state and across the southeast. I'd be surprised if Creasy even gets an interview 

16 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

They're breaking ground on new facilities and the fan support is poor bc they got tired of just making a bowl game as the bar set for success

The next coach will have to be a go getter while being able to recruit well in-state and across the southeast. I'd be surprised if Creasy even gets an interview 

I would be downright shocked.

Now if you said the Cumberland job or maybe even Tennessee Tech I could see it, but no chance MTSU goes the high school route.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

I would be downright shocked.

Now if you said the Cumberland job or maybe even Tennessee Tech I could see it, but no chance MTSU goes the high school route.

Exactly. Don't think I can recall of an instance where a coach made the jump from HS to FBS and was successful in doing so. I know some Middle fans have pointed to Insell and Breeden for making the jump to college but Football is a completely different animal

37 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Exactly. Don't think I can recall of an instance where a coach made the jump from HS to FBS and was successful in doing so. I know some Middle fans have pointed to Insell and Breeden for making the jump to college but Football is a completely different animal

Football is Football and Coaches are Coaches - He can do it and would do it well. AD says he wants someone with a huge personality and who can get the community to buy in again - Murfreesboro would get behind Creasy. I like it.

7 minutes ago, 422PT said:

Football is Football and Coaches are Coaches - He can do it and would do it well. AD says he wants someone with a huge personality and who can get the community to buy in again - Murfreesboro would get behind Creasy. I like it.

Until he struggles to adapt to all the other things that being a HC at the college entail. Like MM said, maybe at the FCS level. Huge personality isn't Creasy

Creasy has a great job and doesn't have to recruit much unless he wants to. People want to play for him. Sure would he make more money, but we all know he will not win as much and have way more to do as a HC of a college. I also don't think they will offer him. Making the comparison to MTSU and ETSU are night and day. Even GQ couldn't win at ETSU and he won more with less talent at Maryville than Oakland and Creasy has. Creasy could easily break all of GQ's records if he wants to though.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Until he struggles to adapt to all the other things that being a HC at the college entail. Like MM said, maybe at the FCS level. Huge personality isn't Creasy

I don't know - He is pretty entertaining to be around and is a really likable dude - Kids love him and so do parents. People on here have accused him of recruiting for years so if that's really the case then he should fit into that role nicely. I think the reason he has been so successful is because of his ability to adapt. I think sometimes people think college coaches are larger than life, but most of the time they are just really good football coaches who work really really hard and end up with an opportunity. 

16 minutes ago, 422PT said:

I don't know - He is pretty entertaining to be around and is a really likable dude - Kids love him and so do parents. People on here have accused him of recruiting for years so if that's really the case then he should fit into that role nicely. I think the reason he has been so successful is because of his ability to adapt. I think sometimes people think college coaches are larger than life, but most of the time they are just really good football coaches who work really really hard and end up with an opportunity. 

I'm a Oakland guy so don't have to sell me on anything I just think it's incredibly difficult to make that big of a jump, even for a coach as good as Creasy. Quarles had a few years to acclimate himself to FCS and went 6-16. 

If Creasy has his eye on coaching, the Tennessee Tech vacancy is a better chance for success  than mtsu would be

22 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The way Oakland looked on defense last Friday Night stopping Boo Carter like they did MTSU would be making a grave mistake if they didn't offer Creasy that job and pay him what he needed to come on board.

Now are you happy with yourself Barney??  Lol.....all this talk about nothing.  I will say it has been entertaining to read all the different takes.  I ain't fussin or anything at you.  I truly think the whole thing is hilarious though.  I reckon it gives us something to pass the time until this Thurs and the games begin.  Well done.:thumb:

3 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Now are you happy with yourself Barney??  Lol.....all this talk about nothing.  I will say it has been entertaining to read all the different takes.  I ain't fussin or anything at you.  I truly think the whole thing is hilarious though.  I reckon it gives us something to pass the time until this Thurs and the games begin.  Well done.:thumb:

I'm happy. Actually it's a compliment to Coach Creasy and the great job he has done at Oakland. Far as MTSU I figured he would absolutely be a great recruiter in the Mid State area where most of the great talent is. Just watching that game last week and realizing what was going on in the Bradley coaches mind getting shut down like that everywhere you turned. Coach Creasy is human just like the rest of us or he wouldn't have came to Oakland without a raise in pay. I really can see him going to a private school now because of two great openings in the near area. I'm sure MTSU can find someone with college experience to come into their big tall aluminum stadium I'm so glad we don't go to anymore for state championship games.