Now that MTSU is looking for a new Head Coach could Creasy be their man.

BarneySox2007

5 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I don't think he would take it. He has what I believe is 2 more years to have his tenure in order to draw retirement from Tennessee Teachers assoc, and that would also allow him to coach his son's senior season. At that point I could see a bidding war in the private schools for him. He would maintain his retirement and benefits, plus get paid a ton to do nothing but coach.  

1.  I would be shocked if MTSU would even consider a high school coach

2.  If I am not mistaken his retirement would be the same plan as he currently has

3.  If by chance he were offered the job, there are 1 million reason to accept the job

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Quarles had 4 years at Furman before going ti ETSU. He took a job with ETSU who has champagne taste but a beer budget. ETSU just hired Gardner-Webb's coach because they have a beer budget but they could only afford Bud Lite when they were giving it away this summer.

Thanks for the recap, but didn't have anything to do with what I said. Quarles chose to be done... his career was longer, more accomplished than Creasy's, and he'd done pretty much everything you could do at this level so I'm pretty sure that he doesn't regret his choice looking back. Creasy is on track to accomplish something similar to what Maryville and Alcoa have done, but is a long way away (if something like that is what drives him) from being in that class yet. I'm just saying that seeing GQ fired could remind him that there is a potential downside unless he's accomplished everything he desires at this level to the point if wherever he went didn't work out, he would be satisfied with the choice.

15 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

There are going to be better candidates than Creasy who have been successful at the college level. On second thought, maybe Oakland can replace him with GQ.....

The better question would be why did they take so long to relieve Stockstill of his duties? Is this a job where 6-6 is a great season? 

Edited by Augustus

55 minutes ago, Augustus said:

The better question would be why did they take so long to relieve Stockstill of his duties? Is this a job where 6-6 is a great season? 

Has more to with that albatross of a contract the athletic department drew up based off of 1 good season. It's the fault of the university for setting the bar too low. MT has too much going for them to go under .500 over the last 20 years