Southtowner: This That & The Other III

Southtowner

Buckle up. The drought will continue many years until they do a better job at hiring coaches, stop overpaying mediocre players, and holding on to those players for longer than they should, and hire a legit GM. Until those things happen, it will be either a .500 season or a 1 and done in the playoffs. As a Cowboys fan, I wasn't even surprised with the whooping we got. I've grown to expect it and if something else was to happen, I consider it a fluke. My mind will never change until we are holding up that Lombardi trophy. The life of a Cowboys fan is not for the faint of heart lol

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Cowboys Anonymous

Howdy, my name is ST.  I'm a Cowboys fan...

Disclaimer: not making light of AA. 

Disclaimer to Disclaimer: AA isn't Atlantafalcons Anonymous.  That's an entirely different group.

As a Cowboys fan, we probably need a class like AA.

Disclaimer: Also not making light of AA

Disclaimer to disclaimer: They are like drugs though. Get you really high, then drop you straight on your head.

On 1/8/2024 at 11:51 AM, stangsby3 said:

Agreed. Also, Cj Pelanero not being on this list is a bit sus. Definitely one of the best defensive players on the field for either team, for any game. 

Yes, I'd never seen or heard of CJ before the ALl Star game in Alamo. Kid was absolutely EVERYWHERE causing trouble on defense that night. Played great

On 1/18/2024 at 9:58 AM, SpottedGoat said:

Yes, I'd never seen or heard of CJ before the ALl Star game in Alamo. Kid was absolutely EVERYWHERE causing trouble on defense that night. Played great

He wasn't hard to find watching a game in person...seemed like there were two or three of him on the field, because if you're like most fans and follow the ball with your eyes, that's where he would be when the whistle blew. How he was not named is definitely a mystery if ANY of the voters actually watched some games.

On 1/18/2024 at 4:47 AM, Southtowner said:

Cowboys Anonymous

Howdy, my name is ST.  I'm a Cowboys fan...

Disclaimer: not making light of AA. 

Disclaimer to Disclaimer: AA isn't Atlantafalcons Anonymous.  That's an entirely different group.

Hey ST... my friends call me Trader, and I'm a lifetime Cowboy fan too...got pics from when I was five with a plastic helmet with the "star" and a "Dandy Don" Meridith jersey.

It wasn't always this bad... I thought that I almost beat it when they fired Landry...I don't know how I got to this point, but I'm ready to admit that I'll always love me some Cowboys without any expectations.

18 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Hey ST... my friends call me Trader, and I'm a lifetime Cowboy fan too...got pics from when I was five with a plastic helmet with the "star" and a "Dandy Don" Meridith jersey.

It wasn't always this bad... I thought that I almost beat it when they fired Landry...I don't know how I got to this point, but I'm ready to admit that I'll always love me some Cowboys without any expectations.

Turn out the lights,   The party's over.

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Turn out the lights,   The party's over.

Classic. Won't be another crew like Gifford, Cosell, and Meridith...too much "personality" for today's society.

Never cared much for Keith Jackson while he was there, I always associated him with 'Bama for some reason:mrgreen:.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 4:45 PM, tradertwo said:

Classic. Won't be another crew like Gifford, Cosell, and Meredith...too much "personality" for today's society.

Never cared much for Keith Jackson while he was there, I always associated him with 'Bama for some reason:mrgreen:.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better trio than Gifford, Cosell & Meredith. 

I can't remember Jackson doing the MNF gig that first year,   but I can't imagine college football without him.  Woah, Nellie.

Edited by Southtowner
"e"

A significant decision regarding classification was made by the Board when they voted to select a 4-year cycle for the next classification period (2025-2029). Enrollment methodology for determining the number of classes would be set for four years. At the 2-year mark, enrollments would be taken and schools would be re-distributed into their respective classes based on the methodology that was determined at the beginning of the classification period. District and region alignment is redone based on new enrollments for all schools regardless of the percentage of change for a particular school.

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

A significant decision regarding classification was made by the Board when they voted to select a 4-year cycle for the next classification period (2025-2029). Enrollment methodology for determining the number of classes would be set for four years. At the 2-year mark, enrollments would be taken and schools would be re-distributed into their respective classes based on the methodology that was determined at the beginning of the classification period. District and region alignment is redone based on new enrollments for all schools regardless of the percentage of change for a particular school.

Just for conversation, & NOT trying to stir the "who's a cheater" pot. Class re-alignment throws everything around in NW Tennessee when a school or two changes class. Is it just here? How many schools from Class 1-2 or3  does this affect in middle or East TN? Are they in constant shift around mode too?