Southtowner: This That & The Other III

Southtowner

19 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I don't know the rules and regulations that NFHS has on broadcasting. You would think they would want the whole game shown. The broadcasters could have run out of tape, time, space, had technical difficulties, or just didn't want to show their team getting beat. If it was any of the first, well, sometimes that's the breaks and there's really nothing to do. But if it was the last then that's just poor judgement, poor sportsmanship, poor broadcasting and a lack of integrity. I know that if we pulled the plug intentionally, it wouldn't go over well with the station owner and it wouldn't look good to fans - home or visiting. I don't like losing, but if you sign up to do something, then you have to take the bad with the 

I'm not really sure what transpired,  but both of the streamed events, that Sale Creek published & are on the NFHS network for Feb 1 involving our games ends without the conclusion of both.   

The Jr Varsity boys event is 1 hour 30 minutes plus.  Ends before the 4th period begins.

The Varsity boys event is 3 hours 3 minutes plus and ends with 27.8 seconds left.

Bear in mind there is more than 1 game on each event.  

Thought it strange.  

On 2/2/2024 at 9:33 AM, Southtowner said:

I was watching our basketball game vs Sale Creek late last night via the NFHS network.  I got to see all but the last 28.7 seconds.

Sale Creek had just knocked down 2 free throws that gave them the lead at 48-47.

SP proceeded to inbounds,   dribbled the ball up to half court,  SP coach was calling a timeout when the stream just ended.  That was it.  The last 28.7 seconds ain't on there.

SP hit a game winning 3 pointer.

Let me ask you a question.   If a school publishes their games on the network,  can they just edit & delete what they don't want others to view?  

@rlh, @oneyewilly, @The Drunken Sailor

Well, I know if you are the host and don't like the score, you can just turn the scoreboard off in the second half. 

On 2/2/2024 at 2:33 PM, Southtowner said:

I was watching our basketball game vs Sale Creek late last night via the NFHS network.  I got to see all but the last 28.7 seconds.

Sale Creek had just knocked down 2 free throws that gave them the lead at 48-47.

SP proceeded to inbounds,   dribbled the ball up to half court,  SP coach was calling a timeout when the stream just ended.  That was it.  The last 28.7 seconds ain't on there.

SP hit a game winning 3 pointer.

Let me ask you a question.   If a school publishes their games on the network,  can they just edit & delete what they don't want others to view?  

@rlh, @oneyewilly, @The Drunken Sailor

They didn't want you to watch it.  End of story.

On 2/4/2024 at 12:53 AM, rlh said:

Well, I know if you are the host and don't like the score, you can just turn the scoreboard off in the second half. 

I remember a football game being played at Jasper a few years back. The visiting team was whooping up on them Warriors so badly, they ran out of P.A. announcers.  :popcorneater:

• Like 1