Parker's Knoxville All-Stars against everybody else All-Stars in Sevierville

bounder

Anybody going besides me? Tomorrow at Sevierville high school at 5:30 3rd annual Knoxville all-stars against everybody else in the area. Six of the Oak Ridge players will be playing and it's  gonna be on channel 6. Should be a good showing of all the kids in the area. Give a bunch of scouts a good look at these guys.

Problem is nobody's heard about it, haven't seen any advertising or anything. Can't believe Packer hasn't had it all over the tv and sports radio.  

On 12/8/2023 at 8:24 AM, bounder said:

Anybody going besides me? Tomorrow at Sevierville high school at 5:30 3rd annual Knoxville all-stars against everybody else in the area. Six of the Oak Ridge players will be playing and it's  gonna be on channel 6. Should be a good showing of all the kids in the area. Give a bunch of scouts a good look at these guys.

Problem is nobody's heard about it, haven't seen any advertising or anything. Can't believe Packer hasn't had it all over the tv and sports radio.  

I saw it advertised every week during his Thursday night broadcasts, and they talked about it a few times on 990 in the afternoons. But I don't think I've seen any other advertising.

Hopefully the rain holds off. We're supposed to get a lot of rain overnight.

Well Nut I'll be there but you're right for it to supposably to be a big deal it sure hasn't been advertised much. There's six kids from Oak Ridge and 3 from Clinton. Ought to be fun watching the Clinton QB handing off to the OR running back!

And the rain isn't going to hit until after the game PaPa Bear has spoken!

Boy I tell you what, the Knoxville Stars got their teeth kicked in tonight. I was impressed by the overall product regardless of the one-sided outcome. I’m glad Mark Packer puts the effort into making this game a first class event.

What do you all think about this idea…

865 area public school all stars vs 865 area private school all stars

Could the very best from the private schools keep up with the public school kids?

• Like 1

I think the East TN private school player, Shaji Jackson played very well last pm against the public school players. The Knoxville team had multiple players from private schools. 

Hats off to Packer for his commitment to the HS game. To make his product better he needs to switch Cain/Price roles. Eric very knowledgeable about game. You can’t say that about Price or Packer.

1 hour ago, StateChampion87 said:

I think the East TN private school player, Shaji Jackson played very well last pm against the public school players. The Knoxville team had multiple players from private schools. 

Hats off to Packer for his commitment to the HS game. To make his product better he needs to switch Cain/Price roles. Eric very knowledgeable about game. You can’t say that about Price or Packer.

Agreed, Cain knows the game well from a broadcasting perspective. Price just stands there and makes sorry jokes or pokes fun at Packer. Neither of which are interesting to the viewers. 

Honestly, it looked to me like nobody really wanted to be there. If  Packer wants to keep this game going he needs to compensate these coaches ($) and players (swag)  for their time they spend all week trying to pull a team together.  There were a lot of "opt outs" by players and coaches this year, which left the ones that stayed scrambling to pull it off. 

• Thanks 1