Grace Christian Head Coach Opening

SheriffofRedRock

On 12/22/2023 at 7:33 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Better go hire Jeff Miner as their defensive coach before one of these other schools do that are assembling staffs right now if their tenture at GCA will be a positive one. Every one of their games at Campbell County looked like Tarzan on offense but Jane on defense. They did keep Campbell County at a respectable level and I'm sure they had plenty of obstacles in their way doing so. I hated they left because I'm sure their program will go back to the dumpster fire because the leaders there will run to K-Mart for a Blue Light Special because that's how the whole county is ran.

Good hire for Grace!

The price twins will have to win within a 4 year period (not a state championship but at least a semi final appearance).  No way will GRACE spend that kind of money without playoff success. I know 5A football is tough but D2 double A is a different animal.  Grace must attract talent to their program.  I wish them luck because they are great people and coaches but this rebuild will be a major challenge for them.  

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Good hire for Grace!

I agree. Great guys that know how to coach. I talked to a friend that coached for them at CC for 3 years. He said they know how to develop players. That’s something we’ve been missing. Looking forward to August. Hope you guys get something straightened out down there too. 

48 minutes ago, Orangeslide said:

The price twins will have to win within a 4 year period (not a state championship but at least a semi final appearance).  No way will GRACE spend that kind of money without playoff success. I know 5A football is tough but D2 double A is a different animal.  Grace must attract talent to their program.  I wish them luck because they are great people and coaches but this rebuild will be a major challenge for them.  

Great hire. I don’t think they have to take us to the semi-finals or else. I think they’re expected to win and that’s something that’s been made clear since the new head of school came in. Look at the basketball program and the change that was made there. This isn’t UpWard sports. Those teams meet Saturday mornings in the gym. We had a basketball and football coach that didn’t understand that. You play to Win, Winning brings in more talent. Simple process. 

BTW, the Price brothers will win a minimum of 5 games next year. I wouldn’t call it a rebuild. The talent is on campus. Winning 5 games will be more in a season since 2020…

16 minutes ago, RiverRat95 said:

Sounds like another stab at the last coach. “Develop players” is not the same as turn unathletic people into athletic football players.  No one can do that. You don’t see CC with many winning seasons fyi. 

Last coach won 8 games in 3 years, which was the worst 3 year stretch in program history since we started our program. And your statement about our players being unathletic tells me that you know nothing about what we have on campus. Go over to the Fulton board and carry his flag for him. Time to start winning again at Grace. It will start this year. 

1 hour ago, gcapride said:

Great hire. I don’t think they have to take us to the semi-finals or else. I think they’re expected to win and that’s something that’s been made clear since the new head of school came in. Look at the basketball program and the change that was made there. This isn’t UpWard sports. Those teams meet Saturday mornings in the gym. We had a basketball and football coach that didn’t understand that. You play to Win, Winning brings in more talent. Simple process. 

BTW, the Price brothers will win a minimum of 5 games next year. I wouldn’t call it a rebuild. The talent is on campus. Winning 5 games will be more in a season since 2020…

At the end of the day, grace needs to recruit the 3 to 4 players that are difference makers to get where they want to go.  Those types of players are not walking the halls at Grace.  You develop what you have, and strive to find those players.  Everyone in D2 is looking for those kids.  They may get to 5 wins but they better stay healthy.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orangeslide said:

At the end of the day, grace needs to recruit the 3 to 4 players that are difference makers to get where they want to go.  Those types of players are not walking the halls at Grace.  You develop what you have, and strive to find those players.  Everyone in D2 is looking for those kids.  They may get to 5 wins but they better stay healthy.  

We’ll be fine. Rusty could coach and he won with the kids walking the halls at GCA. I believe our new HC and his DC are better coaches than Rusty. Minimum 5 wins next year. I’d say they pull out another W to go 6-4 regular season. I agree with you on staying healthy. Small schools can’t afford injuries. And your comment about 3-4 difference makers, agree also. You must be a small school guy, good opinion. I would also say that we have 3-4 difference makers already there.