Where does DCA go?

Playerscoach

5 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

This picture is getting clearer. DCA has some great candidates in this group. D1, D2, and NCAA coaching experience. All the finalists have those credentials so it’s going to be interesting. I have a personal connection to all but two of the coaches remaining and think they are good leaders of young men. Ironically, the two that I am least familiar with are the two that have had the most glowing endorsements from my relatives and friends in the coaching community. There’s one candidate though that is destined to be a superstar coach who is sought after by multiple schools right now. 

With these final rounds of interviews it could be announced within a week or so? 

When you say "sought after", are you saying he has been offered job by multiple schools or are you saying he has been granted interviews by multiple schools?  Big difference when you insinuate the picture is getting clearer.  

7 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

This picture is getting clearer. DCA has some great candidates in this group. D1, D2, and NCAA coaching experience. All the finalists have those credentials so it’s going to be interesting. I have a personal connection to all but two of the coaches remaining and think they are good leaders of young men. Ironically, the two that I am least familiar with are the two that have had the most glowing endorsements from my relatives and friends in the coaching community. There’s one candidate though that is destined to be a superstar coach who is sought after by multiple schools right now. 

With these final rounds of interviews it could be announced within a week or so? 

Superstar coach will not be there long then. I would think DCA would want a coach that will hopefully want to be there a while. Guys that have college coaching background will be surprised. DCA is not a Div. 2 school like a BA,MBA, Ensworth, LA, or even BGA and never will be. Since DCA has 5 assistants and the 2 you don't well are the two with endorsements from others who are they? Also don't understand the delay in naming a coach. Could be that DCA is hoping to land a big fish, and none are biting? I still think DCA would be very well coached by the current DC. JMO 

On 1/8/2024 at 2:52 PM, Playerscoach said:

I think everybody wanted to coach that we got last time at DCA, if they were being honest as to who was the most qualified that is.

I think many of us know several of the final candidates. Some I’ve known close to 50 years, others I’ve known a great deal about them, and their family. There are a couple of people that I am not familiar with, but I know relatives in the coaching community who are. One in particular is an extremely successful head coach, and he thinks highly of that candidate.

I think it’s wide-open as to who the coach could be? Whoever gets it will be the beneficiary of some great skill players, assuming they don’t leave, and a brand new indoor facility that is just as good as any other around.

Indoor facility, when did DCA get an indoor?

I just wanted to chime in around coaching search at DCA. The interviews just started this week so there has been no delay in announcing the selection. They have multiple great candidates and I am sure the correct coach will be selected to be a leader of these young men both on the field and off the field as students. 

2 hours ago, VUDores2024 said:

I just wanted to chime in around coaching search at DCA. The interviews just started this week so there has been no delay in announcing the selection. They have multiple great candidates and I am sure the correct coach will be selected to be a leader of these young men both on the field and off the field as students. 

Thanks for clearing that up.  Is there a group of folks worried about the timeline?

2 hours ago, Sackmaster50 said:

No, it's a bucket of DEAD crickets. Better to fish with live/freshly hooked bait.  Can't hook a big one with old DEAD crickets. It starts to stink up the banks of the Stones and people don't want to fish near you.

Chum the water with fresh NEW blood/bait. Sharks will circle. Drain the bait bucket, buy some new poles and a bucket of fresh bait. Results may vary, but fish will be caught. Happy Fishing!

Dennis caught the biggest fish 6 years ago.  Sharks are definitely circling and fresh salad tastes great.   

2 hours ago, QuickStrike said:

Dennis caught the biggest fish 6 years ago.  Sharks are definitely circling and fresh salad tastes great.   

That is correct.   Dennis is a lot of things, as he is the all time winningest coach at the school.   Multiple deep runs, and could have won a couple of more.  

He is the GOAT of the Stones River.    Ken Redmond would agree.

Factual evidence suggests he knows what he is doing.   Sit back Sackmaster and trust the process    Yellowstone and RIP have been called.  They dont like outsiders moving in to the Stones!   

On 1/10/2024 at 8:53 AM, fb247 said:

Superstar coach will not be there long then. I would think DCA would want a coach that will hopefully want to be there a while. Guys that have college coaching background will be surprised. DCA is not a Div. 2 school like a BA,MBA, Ensworth, LA, or even BGA and never will be. Since DCA has 5 assistants and the 2 you don't well are the two with endorsements from others who are they? Also don't understand the delay in naming a coach. Could be that DCA is hoping to land a big fish, and none are biting? I still think DCA would be very well coached by the current DC. JMO 

They aren’t looking for a BIg fish, they’re smarter than that. Final round of interviews are coming soon. What’s a while though? Name a school that has had a coach stay other than Ingle out of the group you named? Wade lasted as long as most thought which is about the same as other schools. The coaches that have interviewed up to this point have had I believe three different meetings? 

DCA is looking for a coach that can be a great leader of men, a great teacher of the game, and someone that can get the numbers back up. I have two that I think stand out to folks but who knows? 

21 minutes ago, 2minutedrill said:

That is correct.   Dennis is a lot of things, as he is the all time winningest coach at the school.   Multiple deep runs, and could have won a couple of more.  

He is the GOAT of the Stones River.    Ken Redmond would agree.

Factual evidence suggests he knows what he is doing.   Sit back Sackmaster and trust the process    Yellowstone and RIP have been called.  They dont like outsiders moving in to the Stones!   

IMO the most “outsider” is the leader in the clubhouse. 

13 hours ago, VUDores2024 said:

This week started the next round and there will be another round after this. I am not as confident as you because it’s not one persons call. Of the final group there are a few that meet all the criteria though and that is positive for sure. My hope, as my time is coming to a close, is that DCA sees the how this is an opportunity to step into the new age of TN HS football with a coach with great energy and passion for the school and program. 

On 1/10/2024 at 7:50 PM, Brave1 said:

Indoor facility, when did DCA get an indoor?

Will break ground this summer I believe? No announcement yet but all candidates have been notified. A certain nationally known tv personality who is an alum has assisted with fundraising. Good for him too!