Where does DCA go?

Playerscoach

36 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

They aren’t looking for a BIg fish, they’re smarter than that. Final round of interviews are coming soon. What’s a while though? Name a school that has had a coach stay other than Ingle out of the group you named? Wade lasted as long as most thought which is about the same as other schools. The coaches that have interviewed up to this point have had I believe three different meetings? 

DCA is looking for a coach that can be a great leader of men, a great teacher of the game, and someone that can get the numbers back up. I have two that I think stand out to folks but who knows? 

Lord knows that one candidate stands out from the rest!    

6 hours ago, Sackmaster50 said:

Who takes ownership of that issue? That question never seems to get legitimately answered. Just another excuse, or natural disaster or point the finger at this person, or that person is in charge, or you say too much just be quiet or we can't afford this or that...

The BoT needs to do what they've been appointed to do and hold the Administrator(s) of the school accountable. You have a struggle of power internally and you have a bunch of yes men/women who don't have the intestinal fortitude to question leadership because they're too worried about what might happen to them, or their kid(s) that are in school there. Or, they're buddies with this Coach, or that Administrator or this BoT member.

Stop pretending to act like you're doing something and actually do something, as a whole, about the state of the school from A-Z.  If any of those parties don't like it and don't want to play nice, then show them to the exit. Get the right people in place that want to move the needle in the right direction and don't want to preserve the status quo.

People work hard to place their kids in the hands of these Decision makers calling the shots. The least they can do is provide the best ROI on those family's investments.

And this isn't field of dreams either. Is the facility upgrade(s) a good thing? Sure, but the focus is not on the actual problem. When the actual problem(s) get dealt with head on, then you have growth. You don't have a beautiful garden without pruning. Maybe time to snip snip and plant some new seed(s). 

And your correct as far as a HC for football, or any sport for that matter. You need a good leader and developer of players. But how does that start? By the current powers that be living that out intentionally to draw that type of candidate to the school. That type of attractiveness has been lacking for the most part in my opinion. When you have a unified front, Admin(s), BoT, etc. then you'll see more than 25 kids on a football team and one of the Greatest TNHS Football coaches not walking out the door. 

Not to mention, return support from past alumnus that believe in the cause from more than just one or two people in the school reaching out and creating a welcoming environment. Sometimes the remodel isn't the building itself. 

I digress, however. We're on to the next round.:popcorneater: 

So true!!

7 hours ago, Sackmaster50 said:

Who takes ownership of that issue? That question never seems to get legitimately answered. Just another excuse, or natural disaster or point the finger at this person, or that person is in charge, or you say too much just be quiet or we can't afford this or that...

The BoT needs to do what they've been appointed to do and hold the Administrator(s) of the school accountable. You have a struggle of power internally and you have a bunch of yes men/women who don't have the intestinal fortitude to question leadership because they're too worried about what might happen to them, or their kid(s) that are in school there. Or, they're buddies with this Coach, or that Administrator or this BoT member.

Stop pretending to act like you're doing something and actually do something, as a whole, about the state of the school from A-Z.  If any of those parties don't like it and don't want to play nice, then show them to the exit. Get the right people in place that want to move the needle in the right direction and don't want to preserve the status quo.

People work hard to place their kids in the hands of these Decision makers calling the shots. The least they can do is provide the best ROI on those family's investments.

And this isn't field of dreams either. Is the facility upgrade(s) a good thing? Sure, but the focus is not on the actual problem. When the actual problem(s) get dealt with head on, then you have growth. You don't have a beautiful garden without pruning. Maybe time to snip snip and plant some new seed(s). 

And your correct as far as a HC for football, or any sport for that matter. You need a good leader and developer of players. But how does that start? By the current powers that be living that out intentionally to draw that type of candidate to the school. That type of attractiveness has been lacking for the most part in my opinion. When you have a unified front, Admin(s), BoT, etc. then you'll see more than 25 kids on a football team and one of the Greatest TNHS Football coaches not walking out the door. 

Not to mention, return support from past alumnus that believe in the cause from more than just one or two people in the school reaching out and creating a welcoming environment. Sometimes the remodel isn't the building itself. 

I digress, however. We're on to the next round.:popcorneater: 

We see some things exactly the same and others not so much. The BoT has one employee and that’s it. They don’t get involved in how the school is ran but only the one person and the data that is provided by him from all departments. At this point enrollment is way up, teachers are getting double digit % raises next year, an indoor facility is being built that rivals the best ones in the state, and academics are holding steady. 

Losing Paul was inevitable regardless what DCA did. You know him well and you know how desire to coach at a D2AAA school was there and who could blame him? He’s a HOF coach for sure and DCA is as lucky as heck he came back. The admin, and I have voiced this to KS, has to address all athletics. 

The school is brand new, has great facilities and surfaces, and has an enrollment that allows them to be competitive with the right people. This football hire will be critical to see what direction DCA is prepared to go? Do they leap ahead for a dynamic coach who relates to and attracts the athletes of today or do they play it safe? We will all know very soon. 

I am optimistic the selection committee will make a good decision. 

On 1/12/2024 at 10:44 AM, Sackmaster50 said:

No members of the Board of Trust should have children or grandchildren enrolled at the school.  It creates too many problems and is not the image that an academic institution should want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cbg said:

No members of the Board of Trust should have children or grandchildren enrolled at the school.  It creates too many problems and is not the image that an academic institution should want.

I confident every BOT at every private school in TN has people that fit that criteria. Those are the donors and influencers. 

DCA is in a great spot here and Dennis is a great man to make the right hire. I have no idea who it will be but have heard enough to know that there are some good candidates. Should be down to two this week so we will see.

3 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Y'all better get to hiring sumbody - almost time to start 7v7

I think they are running a little behind with the selection due to weather? The final 2-3 haven’t been selected yet from what I’ve heard?  Lots of chatter going on though. I think Sackmaster knows more than he’s said on here?