AE job open

OrangePylon

7 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

The good coaches are getting taken up. Austin Roadrunners will have to resort to an up and coming coach. Austin Roadrunners is a very dangerous part of town. Coaches need to be very careful when they go to interview for Austin Roadrunner job. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

See that's what AE students face daily, the stereotype about the school and community in general.  Don't knock AE nor its community because there's plenty of folks that's live and love that community. Its just outsiders like yourself that makes AE a bad place not knowing its a special place in many eyes.  

9 hours ago, Turtle said:

BTW , I'm hearing the job has been offered just waiting on KCS to approve it.  An announcement should come by next Friday.  

I hated it when Jeff Phillips moved on. They put some points on the board and the following year they completley tanked. His last 5 years they averaged 475 points a year and the first season after he's gone they scored 42 all year long. What in the ale happened. I watched them twice last year on film and it surprised me they find a better QB in Cherry just before halftime in the Carter game but the damage was done. What am I missing Turtle.

Edited by BarneySox2007

17 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I hated it when Jeff Phillips moved on. They put some points on the board and the following year they completley tanked. His last 5 years they averaged 475 points a year and the first season after he's gone they scored 42 all year long. What in the ale happened. I watched them twice last year on film and it surprised me they find a better QB in Cherry just before halftime in the Carter game but the damage was done. What am I missing Turtle.

Sounds about right but we’ll be ok .  I think everyone will be pleased with the hire that’s going to be announced next week 

Austin roadrunners have people outside the school committing crimes. Sevier county hillbillies have people inside the schools committing crimes.  Austin-American schools are safer than Appalachian-American schools. Do you want to bet me? I’m captain Murphy and I approve this message. 

On 1/26/2024 at 11:04 PM, Turtle said:

See that's what AE students face daily, the stereotype about the school and community in general.  Don't knock AE nor its community because there's plenty of folks that's live and love that community. Its just outsiders like yourself that makes AE a bad place not knowing its a special place in many eyes.  

Austin Roadrunners have many good athletes but they do not like to stay and play for Austin Roadrunners because of the location and the things happening around the school. You can not deny I am right about these things. it makes it hard to get a top notch coach too. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

18 hours ago, pdover1776 said:

Stanton I’m told

Stanton Stevens is trying to come back to Austin Roadrunners. Stanton started out coaching for Bearden Bulldogs. He then went to Austin Roadrunners as the coach in 1999. This was when the Austin Roadrunners actually got good. He left Austin Roadrunners to coach Oak Ridge Wildcats. Then he left Oak Ridge Wildcats to coach Lavergne Wolverines. Austin Roadrunners will not get mercy ruled as much if Stanton gets the job to coach Austin Roadunners again. He left as coach almost 20 years ago. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

7 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

Austin Roadrunners have many good athletes but they do not like to stay and play for Austin Roadrunners because of the location and the things happening around the school. You can not deny I am right about these things. it makes it hard to get a top notch coach too. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

For one, if you grew up in East Knoxville and went threw all the schools in East Knoxville then it won't be as hard to play for AE.  Like many say, Its HARD TO BE A ROADRUNNER!! If they want to go somewhere else and play there let them .  These coaches can only coach up what they have there and wants to be there.  Another thing, things happen all over the city not just at AE so make sure you mention that as well.