AAA Basketball

Tigers615

26 minutes ago, maddams said:

I watched the video of the Dyersburg v SGC region championship last night.  Feel like both teams' weaknesses were exposed.  Dyersburg really struggled with the zone SGC played.  Dyersburg looked unorganized in their halfcourt offense.  That does not bode well for them in Murfreesboro, where they will have to play better teams than SGC. 

SGC only played five players.  Literally did not sub the entire game.  They really struggled when Dyersburg decided to get aggressive and physical in their full court press.  SGC had a real shot at the upset but turnovers against the press cost them the game.  

I agree that Millington could give SGC some problems if they press and play physical.  Dyersburg will win Saturday by 40+.  

Great assessment. We need more confidence when the pace calls for more deliberate offense and rotate better on the perimeter defensively. We were fortunate to have SGC shoot 6-18 from three and turn the ball over so many times. 

13 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Millington defeats Covington 65-24, which sets up Dburg hosting Covington and Millington hosting South Gibson. The Lady Trojans defeated Covington 56-15 on November 25th at Gibson County High School. 

Dyersburg Female Trojans will mercy rule Covington Female Chargers once again. Covington Female Chargers are not a very good team at all. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Top half is loaded. South Side with another tough draw but I won't count them out. Dyersbirg and White County both really good on the top side. Upperman Fan's real happy with theirs. 

I personally like our draw. Nobody wants to get a potential favorite in the opening round and if you make the Semis you know you're getting a solid opponent anyways. South Side/Macon is being played earlier in the day so I anticipate each game having opposing coaches in attendance. 

22 hours ago, maddams said:

I watched the video of the Dyersburg v SGC region championship last night.  Feel like both teams' weaknesses were exposed.  Dyersburg really struggled with the zone SGC played.  Dyersburg looked unorganized in their halfcourt offense.  That does not bode well for them in Murfreesboro, where they will have to play better teams than SGC. 

SGC only played five players.  Literally did not sub the entire game.  They really struggled when Dyersburg decided to get aggressive and physical in their full court press.  SGC had a real shot at the upset but turnovers against the press cost them the game.  

I agree that Millington could give SGC some problems if they press and play physical.  Dyersburg will win Saturday by 40+.  

Dyersburg definitely struggled with the zone. We have got to quit walking the ball up the floor letting defenses set up. If we see south side it will be interesting to see if they play some zone

Sectional Matchups

Northview/Greeneville - this game is a coin flip - could go either way.  Greeneville has played well down the stretch and is at home. I’ll take Greeneville 

Elizabethton/Cocke - Elizabethton really improved as the heat went on. They graduated a lot last year and have overachieved to get to this sectional game. But I think Cocke Co wins this and heads to state.

White/Heritage - best game of the night. Both these teams are talented enough to win a gold ball. Give me White Co on the road

Signal Mtn/Upperman - Coach McWilliams has done a great job with this team. They’re not losing at home. 

Chester/Station Camp - I think this will be a good one. It’s a long drive for Chester but they win a close one on the road to get to state for first time since they won the title in 2005

Macon/South Side - South side wins comfortably. Tough place to play and SS is playing well lately. 

Covington/Dyersburg - Covington is not good. Dyersburg wins by 30+

South Gibson/Millington - could go either way. Millington hasn’t lost since early January but their schedule was pretty soft this year. SGC is limited but battle tested. I’ll take South Gibson for a return trip to state

8 hours ago, maddams said:

Sectional Matchups

Northview/Greeneville - this game is a coin flip - could go either way.  Greeneville has played well down the stretch and is at home. I’ll take Greeneville 

Elizabethton/Cocke - Elizabethton really improved as the heat went on. They graduated a lot last year and have overachieved to get to this sectional game. But I think Cocke Co wins this and heads to state.

White/Heritage - best game of the night. Both these teams are talented enough to win a gold ball. Give me White Co on the road

Signal Mtn/Upperman - Coach McWilliams has done a great job with this team. They’re not losing at home. 

Chester/Station Camp - I think this will be a good one. It’s a long drive for Chester but they win a close one on the road to get to state for first time since they won the title in 2005

Macon/South Side - South side wins comfortably. Tough place to play and SS is playing well lately. 

Covington/Dyersburg - Covington is not good. Dyersburg wins by 30+

South Gibson/Millington - could go either way. Millington hasn’t lost since early January but their schedule was pretty soft this year. SGC is limited but battle tested. I’ll take South Gibson for a return trip to state

Down goes White County! 

23 hours ago, crow6424 said:

Heritage advances

Going to be interesting. Heritage seems to be playing well. Dyersburg South Side will be a dogfight for sure. Y'all get by Greenville very possible y'all meet South Gibson who has beat Dyersburg. Then again I am speculating here so you never know. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 minute ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Whichever team can handle the defensive pressure the best will be in a good spot. I expect both teams to press all night. Going to be a really great game. 

Great matchup. Going to be interesting for sure. First one to 40 wins right or 30?? Lot of defensive pressure. Whole Tournament will be interesting. 

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Great matchup. Going to be interesting for sure. First one to 40 wins right or 30?? Lot of defensive pressure. Whole Tournament will be interesting. 

This may be covered on a different thread and if so I apologize. I find it interesting that most of the west tn teams are playing each other in the first round. Especially in AAA, where four teams from west tn made the 8 team field and all four are playing each other in the first round. I guess that's coincidence??? 

• Like 1