TN MS Athletic Association

MCbobcats

TMSAA is not ran very well.  Unorganized and not helpful at all.  Look at the way they have divided up schools.  2 teams in some areas and 12+ in others.  Get some leadership that can concentrate on this level and give KIDS the opportunity they earn 

The TMSAA is nothing more than another revenue stream for the TSSAA.  The teams in Middle Tennessee that are members do not even know the rules and basically do as they wish when it comes to scheduling games.  

Edited by cbg

4 hours ago, ecu said:

What is the point of having this anyway since most teams aren't even in the TMSSAA?

4 hours ago, ecu said:

What is the point of having this anyway since most teams aren't even in the TMSSAA?

I kindly disagree with this statement as that there are over 400 member schools in the TMSAA I the sport of basketball . May not be many where you live but in many areas most if not all are.  

8 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

I kindly disagree with this statement as that there are over 400 member schools in the TMSAA I the sport of basketball . May not be many where you live but in many areas most if not all are.  

Where did you see there are over 400 ? There are only 306 public MS in TN. Not sure about private schools.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ecu said:

Where did you see there are over 400 ? There are only 306 public MS in TN. Not sure about private schools.

Sure, there may only be 306 "Middle Schools," but that surely doesn't take account all the K-8 member schools. There's nearly 200 registered eligible schools in Single A alone. 

Edited by crazzyness

16 hours ago, crazzyness said:

Sure, there may only be 306 "Middle Schools," but that surely doesn't take account all the K-8 member schools. There's nearly 200 registered eligible schools in Single A alone. 

Could i ask where you are finding this information because this doesn't add up. Another question is how many classifications are there for middle schools? I thought it was only large and small division.

4 hours ago, ecu said:

Could i ask where you are finding this information because this doesn't add up. Another question is how many classifications are there for middle schools? I thought it was only large and small division.

4 hours ago, ecu said:

TMSAA WEBSITE has a list of all member schools by classification.  I stand by my 400 schools at least in Basketball.  Most sports are only small /large classifications but in Basketball we have A, AA, and AAA.  Talk is to add a fourth classification for Basketball.  

13 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

TMSAA WEBSITE has a list of all member schools by classification.  I stand by my 400 schools at least in Basketball.  Most sports are only small /large classifications but in Basketball we have A, AA, and AAA.  Talk is to add a fourth classification for Basketball.  

Thanks. I appreciate your research as often we really don't know this stuff. Would you know how many schools actually participate in basketball tournament?

1 hour ago, ecu said:

Thanks. I appreciate your research as often we really don't know this stuff. Would you know how many schools actually participate in basketball tournament?

I can tell you in MY area, every school that is a member participates in the post season. In fact, in my county, some of the small basketball only school's membership would fluctuate every season. If they felt they were going to have a decent team and a chance to advance in the postseason, they'd pay the fees and be members. If they were going to have a bad team, they wouldn't join that year and save the money.