TN MS Athletic Association

MCbobcats

22 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Always.  But seriously I dread this time of year. When the SuperBowl is over until scrimmages come in late July is a depressing time for me. Gotta keep myself amused some how. 

3 hours ago, 1983 said:

Get out of the house and enjoy some of these other great high school sports

Yep. I try to see as much basketball as I can. This weeks weather has me bored and eating every thing I can find.

On 1/21/2024 at 3:04 PM, Waker said:

Yep. I try to see as much basketball as I can. This weeks weather has me bored and eating every thing I can find.

Speaking of eating… Just thought you might want to know the Mic Stand has opened a second location. It’s over here a couple of miles from my house in Bradford. Haven’t visited yet but planning on running the clock on it real soon. 

On a different note, you gonna watch the Stanks and Dburg play tomorrow night??

17 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Speaking of eating… Just thought you might want to know the Mic Stand has opened a second location. It’s over here a couple of miles from my house in Bradford. Haven’t visited yet but planning on running the clock on it real soon. 

On a different note, you gonna watch the Stanks and Dburg play tomorrow night??

I saw where they have opened that up over that way. 

I am planning on going to the game.

i will say, how they divy up teams and into what "areas" make like little to no sense in some of those classes... like look at A; you have teams from Celina and Smithville playing against teams as far as the TN River... this makes sense... how... but i digress; i know our local school wants nothing to do with them and would prefer to play independent anyway, as it seems with about a third of the Upper Cumberland schools

12 hours ago, BobcatFan22 said:

i will say, how they divy up teams and into what "areas" make like little to no sense in some of those classes... like look at A; you have teams from Celina and Smithville playing against teams as far as the TN River... this makes sense... how... but i digress; i know our local school wants nothing to do with them and would prefer to play independent anyway, as it seems with about a third of the Upper Cumberland schools

That’s why the travel is so far for some teams.  A lot of smaller schools not making the change which leaves big gaps in the map.   But the idea of a true state championship should be appealing to most programs.  

9 hours ago, sportsfan53ray said:

Scheduling & travel are ridiculous. Bethel Springs girls played Friday evening in Whiteville, then had to travel 99 miles to face South Fulton on their home court at 11:00 Saturday morning. Selmer boys having to travel 100 miles or more to Troy.

That problem has more than one culprit.  It began with the leadership in McNairy County not wanting to move up county games so the area tournament could be done earlier.  Even without the weather  it would have wound up the same way.  However with the weather the tmsaa was unwilling to move sectional back 

25 minutes ago, Bobcats83 said:

That problem has more than one culprit.  It began with the leadership in McNairy County not wanting to move up county games so the area tournament could be done earlier.  Even without the weather  it would have wound up the same way.  However with the weather the tmsaa was unwilling to move sectional back 

Really.  Tradition is hard to change 

• 2 weeks later...