Cookeville Cavs

LadyCavsFan

There hasn’t been enough talk about how good this Cookeville team is.  In the past they have played selfish and not very good on either end of the court.  Not this team!  They sure are fun to watch.  They play at a very high level on both ends of the floor.  Lock down defenders and shooters all over the court!  I expect them to make a run at a trip to the glass house this year.  If you haven’t seen them play you need to check them out.  They are really good!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

There’s always been a lot of talent at CHS but the results haven’t been the best over the years. Would love to see them at the Glass House. Definitely need to check them out!

They have a shot.  Not sure what the Chattanooga region looks like on the boys side but  I think they will handle the Rutherford County region.  And if they get a home sectional game,  I think they can make it.  I think they have 4 players averaging double digits and a 5th player at like 9.5/game. 

And with the freshmen class we have this year they will be turning alot of heads next year too.

Cavs still rolling.  They beat a solid Lavergne team last night.   Those two teams matchup well and there are alot of playmakers on the court.  Fun game to watch regardless of which team you are for.  I look forward to a rematch in the district tourney and possibly Region.   Nine game winning streak with a couple games against Lebanon to end the week.  

On 1/27/2024 at 8:00 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

They have a shot.  Not sure what the Chattanooga region looks like on the boys side but  I think they will handle the Rutherford County region.  And if they get a home sectional game,  I think they can make it.  I think they have 4 players averaging double digits and a 5th player at like 9.5/game. 

And with the freshmen class we have this year they will be turning alot of heads next year too.

Algood had a really good 8th grade class last year. They had a kid in the post that was pretty darn good if I remember correctly. Any underclassmen playing on varsity this year?

6 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Algood had a really good 8th grade class last year. They had a kid in the post that was pretty darn good if I remember correctly. Any underclassmen playing on varsity this year?

We have a stacked 9th grade class this year and nobody really knows about them because our seniors are so good.  They will turn a lot of heads next year though.  We are too deep for them to get a lot of meaningful minutes this year.  But they are going to be very good.  And a year of playing these seniors in practice every day is going to get them ready for next year.  Bryce (PG) is getting some playing time and is doing very well.  Walker has grown more and is probably 6’ 5” now.  He gets some playing time as well.

On 2/1/2024 at 7:20 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

We have a stacked 9th grade class this year and nobody really knows about them because our seniors are so good.  They will turn a lot of heads next year though.  We are too deep for them to get a lot of meaningful minutes this year.  But they are going to be very good.  And a year of playing these seniors in practice every day is going to get them ready for next year.  Bryce (PG) is getting some playing time and is doing very well.  Walker has grown more and is probably 6’ 5” now.  He gets some playing time as well.

A lot of talent for only 5 spots available. I could see a transfer or two, to the other school in Putnam County in the near future. Especially if they could get a chance to play with Cobb and a legit shot at winning a state title. May not happen but I won’t be shocked if it does. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

A lot of talent for only 5 spots available. I could see a transfer or two, to the other school in Putnam County in the near future. Especially if they could get a chance to play with Cobb and a legit shot at winning a state title. May not happen but I won’t be shocked if it does. 

With 5 seniors leaving they will have a shot at a lot of playing time next year.   I doubt any of them transfer.  Those kids play all year long together and they are close friends.   And we have gold ball plans of our own.  You will see soon enough.

8 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

With 5 seniors leaving they will have a shot at a lot of playing time next year.   I doubt any of them transfer.  Those kids play all year long together and they are close friends.   And we have gold ball plans of our own.  You will see soon enough.

That would be awesome!  I’m pulling for Cookeville as well!

• Like 1