Cleveland High School Recruiting

Ummmno

So I’m bored with all of this. Almost a weeks worth of “we are Cleveland and we are better than you” which is met with “only because you get money and recruit kids” which is followed by much more silliness that devolves into the grown up version of “are too” , nu uh”, “yeah huh”. 

I’ll be back later. I’m gonna go pay attention to post season dual stuff since it’s coming up and leave the argument at this;

Like them or not, Cleveland is the benchmark. Doesn’t matter how they got there, they’re there. Other schools can either work to overcome the advantages that Cleveland has/doesn’t have, or be content with them at the top, but no matter how many times they’re called out on message boards or whatever, they’re not going to suddenly change what they are/are not doing. 

Adapt and overcome. 

Someone let me know if something interesting happens? 

until then…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KidGloves said:

So I’m bored with all of this. Almost a weeks worth of “we are Cleveland and we are better than you” which is met with “only because you get money and recruit kids” which is followed by much more silliness that devolves into the grown up version of “are too” , nu uh”, “yeah huh”. 

I’ll be back later. I’m gonna go pay attention to post season dual stuff since it’s coming up and leave the argument at this;

Like them or not, Cleveland is the benchmark. Doesn’t matter how they got there, they’re there. Other schools can either work to overcome the advantages that Cleveland has/doesn’t have, or be content with them at the top, but no matter how many times they’re called out on message boards or whatever, they’re not going to suddenly change what they are/are not doing. 

Adapt and overcome. 

Someone let me know if something interesting happens? 

until then…

yeah, I think I'm going to quit responding also, no one's changing anyone's opinion or the way they see things, will be some really interested next few weeks, duals are my favorite time of year, I like individual alright, but duals show the strength of the team top to bottom when individuals do not.  Enjoy the coming weeks KidGloves!  Good luck to all the teams out there and I pray for safety from injury and good health for you all so that you have the ability to continue this great journey in your high school wrestling career! 

• Like 1

What gets me is the fact that all of those Thant came before are irrelevant in your eyes. That’s part of the issue I have. It’s like Cleveland didn’t exist pre Bosken or Knox? That’s where a lot of the alumni are having an issue. But if you don’t have the money to donate they don’t want to hear from you. Show some respect

And reprimand your parent(s) for stirring that pot and bashing coaches and programs. You can come talk to me anytime. But your not going to like the rebuttal of it. Just sayin. 

Edited by Humorist

Cleveland has cracked the formula to be a top 50 team in America.  They have a great youth program that attracts other talented youth kids to move there.  They get kids to move in from the area and other states to help supplement what they are developing.  This is not a bad thing as it is the exact formula that nearly every top 50 team in the United States uses.  If you think Crown Point, IN is full of kids that came out of their youth club, then you are naïve.  

Cleveland has recruited well and operates much like a private school.  Kids like Ethan West and Tristan Blansit lived in Georgia but were able to use school of choice to attend Cleveland.  Grant Lundy was able to switch to Cleveland.  The Fowlers relocated.  Jax Ernst moved in from Texas. Lucas Szymborski came from Crown Point, IN.  Cody Chittum was a mercenary for a month. Undoubtedly they are moving because they perceive it will enhance their kid's life. 

Only in Tennessee do people get bent out of shape about it.   Other states that have multiple teams ranked in the top 50 understand that these teams are basically local all-start teams.  Look at Edmond North or Stillwater and tell me how many kids grew up in those communities.  TN should be embracing what Cleveland is doing instead of all the disparaging remarks. We just need about 5 more Clevelands and the state might make some noise post high school. I still don’t understand why they cancelled the LHP dual… I think they might be quietly trying to replicate Brandon’s streak and will only take duals that they are sure they will win.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Humorist said:

What gets me is the fact that all of those Thant came before are irrelevant in your eyes. That’s part of the issue I have. It’s like Cleveland didn’t exist pre Bosken or Knox? That’s where a lot of the alumni are having an issue. But if you don’t have the money to donate they don’t want to hear from you. Show some respect

And reprimand your parent(s) for stirring that pot and bashing coaches and programs. You can come talk to me anytime. But your not going to like the rebuttal of it. Just sayin. 

As a Cleveland wrestling alum and lover of all things Cleveland, where have you been the last decade? Just curious. And of course I deeply respect what Coach Miller, Philips, Eslinger, Yost, Hatcher, etc…have done for the program, but this current team’s success is because of the aforementioned people. Those guys got the ball rolling, these guys built into something really special. You can’t give Bear Bryant credit for Nick Saban’s titles. Different time, different athletes, different coaches.

15 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

As a Cleveland wrestling alum and lover of all things Cleveland, where have you been the last decade? Just curious. And of course I deeply respect what Coach Miller, Philips, Eslinger, Yost, Hatcher, etc…have done for the program, but this current team’s success is because of the aforementioned people. Those guys got the ball rolling, these guys built into something really special. You can’t give Bear Bryant credit for Nick Saban’s titles. Different time, different athletes, different coaches.

I’ve been at another school as an Asst. (Bradley).Then started my own club. 
Ball was already rolling with Schriver (Godfather of the program). Al came in as an Asst and they both put Cleveland on the map. We came along and were just loaded with athletes. And you are right about the athletes. We were as blue collar as they came. I’m telling you…you’d have to kill us to beat us. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Humorist said:

I’ve been at another school as an Asst. (Bradley).Then started my own club. 
Ball was already rolling with Schriver (Godfather of the program). Al came in as an Asst and they both put Cleveland on the map. We came along and were just loaded with athletes. And you are right about the athletes. We were as blue collar as they came. I’m telling you…you’d have to kill us to beat us. 

I certainly was not trying to diminish anything the past members and leaders of our program have contributed to making Cleveland what it is today. I am deeply thankful for those contributions. I am simply sick of hearing about Allan Jones’ money and that is what everyone who is a detractor seems to believe is the reason the program is what it is. Coach Miller is a legend, as are the others that took up the reigns after him. Those guys get credit for the legacy and the guys here now get credit for what has been accomplished the last decade. I appreciate Allan’s support and all the other great supporter’s like Mark Smith and other local businesses, for they have certainly made things easier; but, I stand by what I said before about the biggest reasons for the current level of success. I will leave it that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BobCorker said:

Cleveland has cracked the formula to be a top 50 team in America.  They have a great youth program that attracts other talented youth kids to move there.  They get kids to move in from the area and other states to help supplement what they are developing.  This is not a bad thing as it is the exact formula that nearly every top 50 team in the United States uses.  If you think Crown Point, IN is full of kids that came out of their youth club, then you are naïve.  

Cleveland has recruited well and operates much like a private school.  Kids like Ethan West and Tristan Blansit lived in Georgia but were able to use school of choice to attend Cleveland.  Grant Lundy was able to switch to Cleveland.  The Fowlers relocated.  Jax Ernst moved in from Texas. Lucas Szymborski came from Crown Point, IN.  Cody Chittum was a mercenary for a month. Undoubtedly they are moving because they perceive it will enhance their kid's life. 

Only in Tennessee do people get bent out of shape about it.   Other states that have multiple teams ranked in the top 50 understand that these teams are basically local all-start teams.  Look at Edmond North or Stillwater and tell me how many kids grew up in those communities.  TN should be embracing what Cleveland is doing instead of all the disparaging remarks. We just need about 5 more Clevelands and the state might make some noise post high school. I still don’t understand why they cancelled the LHP dual… I think they might be quietly trying to replicate Brandon’s streak and will only take duals that they are sure they will win.

Nobody is bent out of shape with Cleveland getting relocations or recruits or transfers or money or anything else...

..we're getting bent out of shape with them coming on here and saying none of that is happening and the entire of their success is SOLELY because of them outworking everybody and Bosken and Knox. 

Edited by Ummmno

1 hour ago, Ummmno said:

Nobody is bent out of shape with Cleveland getting relocations or recruits or transfers or money or anything else...

..we're getting bent out of shape with them coming on here and saying none of that is happening and the entire of their success is SOLELY because of them outworking everybody and Bosken and Knox. 

But it’s true… sorry

12 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

But it’s true… sorry

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. @BobCorker this is the ENTIRE issue. RIght here

Anybody else want to know the entire states issue with Cleveland wrestling? Just look to this troll's response. 

Edited by Ummmno