Cleveland High School Recruiting

Ummmno

13 minutes ago, MidwestXFER said:

He talked about telling the parents that they would do certain things if they came to school at the C! Even bragged about a $250,000 investment they made on a promise to the parents. 

Those conversations were all made after they made a commitment to come to cleveland. He said we will work out butts off to provide the the opportunities to Piper, sounds like a great coach ha

And the 250k was approved by our school board..... another example of the support we have at cleveland...... 

Even when you hear the truth you lie. 

Bosken took a program with 1 girl, and is ranked #5 in the country in 3 years.

Just now, Kell16 said:

If you are so good with them, why join in and feed into the argument that Allan pays for all our kids to travel? Allans probably helped more kids outside of Cleveland.

If you want to get on this thread, maybe state your experience being around Bosken/Knox, not fuel the false accusations.

darn man. Like arguing with a child. Didn’t fuel anything I stated what I knew. And then put I DONT KNOW WHAT JONES PAID FOR AND DIDNT. Super simple to understand. But once again your Cleveland people can point you in my direction and we can have this conversation at the duals. 

2 minutes ago, desselle said:

Once again totally different topic. I mentioned jones funding bell brings up recruiting. But it’s no biggie. Josh and Joey both have my number I’m sure if they have an issue they will text me. Not going to ruin my relationship with them over MS drama from you guys. 

To my knowledge Josh and Joey don’t even know this is going on. they are both great dudes and coaches and I’m sure you are as well. Just disagree with your comments. No hate towards you just explaining how I saw your comments and defending the people close to me.

This thread needs to end.

Facts:

Allen gives money to the program because he is an Alumni and wants to see it succeed (as do MANY others).

The money makes it easier to run the program.

Allan DOES not even come close to fully funding our program.

Josh started and ran HCWC for FOUR years before Allan ever gave a dime to the club.

Allan brought in Heath NOT Josh.

Allan started donating to HCWC AFTER Josh had a massive fundraiser (on his own) for the club HE started 4 years after he started it.

There are many factors that contribute to success.

The biggest reason for our current level of success is the work Josh and Joey put in and the commitment level of the kids and parents who all pay their own way so THEY get credit for that.

Coach Miller and others get credit for the legacy of Cleveland wrestling, Josh and Joey get credit for the current dynasty (which may very well come to an end at some point).

Yes, we have a massive advantage financially because our support is very good from our community.

No, that does not make our kids better wrestlers.

Josh never bribed anyone to come here, people move because of all the advantages Cleveland has for wrestlers compared to most other parts of the state.

The school board paid for the investment to start the girls program (Josh was not even slated to be the coach as it was supposed to be Eric Phillips until he moved last minute to do something else).

We don’t care what you think about us and believe what you want about all of these things.

You don’t like the current state of things, copy our model or move somewhere that has. Good grief.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

This thread needs to end.

Facts:

Allen gives money to the program because he is an Alumni and wants to see it succeed (as do MANY others).

The money makes it easier to run the program.

Allan DOES not even come close to fully funding our program.

Josh started and ran HCWC for FOUR years before Allan ever gave a dime to the club.

Allan brought in Heath NOT Josh.

Allan started donating to HCWC AFTER Josh had a massive fundraiser (on his own) for the club HE started 4 years after he started it.

There are many factors that contribute to success.

The biggest reason for our current level of success is the work Josh and Joey put in and the commitment level of the kids and parents who all pay their own way so THEY get credit for that.

Coach Miller and others get credit for the legacy of Cleveland wrestling, Josh and Joey get credit for the current dynasty (which may very well come to an end at some point).

Yes, we have a massive advantage financially because our support is very good from our community.

No, that does not make our kids better wrestlers.

Josh never bribed anyone to come here, people move because of all the advantages Cleveland has for wrestlers compared to most other parts of the state.

The school board paid for the investment to start the girls program (Josh was not even slated to be the coach as it was supposed to be Eric Phillips until he moved last minute to do something else).

We don’t care what you think about us and believe what you want about all of these things.

You don’t like the current state of things, copy our model or move somewhere that has. Good grief.

Well said. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

There wasn't a reply to this. You called Brad out out of the blue for absolutely no reason.

We're all fine playing into your dialogue about Cleveland but going out of your way to start fights with someone who wasn't a part of your quarrel to begin with is childish and petty.

Btw, Brad has an outstand reputation with the Cleveland staff. Do better. 

Haha started a fight. He was talking about Cleveland recruiting. I thought it’s pretty ironic summit doing it mid season 

5 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

Haha started a fight. He was talking about Cleveland recruiting. I thought it’s pretty ironic summit doing it mid season 

Show me where I said anything about Cleveland recruiting. I’ll say it again for those of you that can’t read. Check in to cash was on a HCWC shirt my son had when he wrestled with them. Then proceeded to say don’t know if any money was given or not. Please help me realize where that says anything about recruiting. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, desselle said:

Finley was from Kansas. So not the same. When have I ever knocked Cleveland? I have zero issue with them. We used to drive to Cleveland every Sunday so Josh could work with my son and Tucker Smith. Joey and I talk every time we see each other. heck I’ve sat in the corner with him when his kids wrestle. If I’m not mistaken you called me out. 

Finley moved from Kansas just like Tres moved from Cali. That’s exactly the same. Did y’all recruit Finley? Maybe not. Did we recruit Tres? No. Are you gonna believe that? Probably not.