Pemberton Leaves Rhea for Campbell County

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Going to be quite an adjustment for the folks at CC going from Justin Price's offense to the winged t.  

That said, Campbell County has already lost a couple of its better players to AC and word is that several more are leaving.  If the offensive philosophy is going to change, now is the time to do it.  

Pemberton knows the winged t like few others do.  If the kid buy in it might eventually work.  

Yes it is. It’s gonna be interesting. 

8 hours ago, RCfan said:

Agree on all points. The Price bros could do really well at Grace and Pemberton’s offense could do well at Campbell County…… IF…he can mesh with the locals and they are able to adjust from watching their team throw it all over the field to throwing 3-5 times a game. He will turn all those little speedy receivers they usually have into speedy little wingbacks. He will take the best back or most athletic linebacker and put them at fullback where if he is the right guy he will get the yards. That may sound crazy but if the team buys into the concept, it will work especially in a place like coffee county. Pemberton knows the double wing T as good as anyone in coaching the last 20 years.

Campbell County did not throw the ball every down. They actually had some good RBs there and could run the football. Pembertons offense will probably throw the ball less though. 

20 hours ago, RCfan said:

Agree on all points. The Price bros could do really well at Grace and Pemberton’s offense could do well at Campbell County…… IF…he can mesh with the locals and they are able to adjust from watching their team throw it all over the field to throwing 3-5 times a game. He will turn all those little speedy receivers they usually have into speedy little wingbacks. He will take the best back or most athletic linebacker and put them at fullback where if he is the right guy he will get the yards. That may sound crazy but if the team buys into the concept, it will work especially in a place like coffee county. Pemberton knows the double wing T as good as anyone in coaching the last 20 years.

For the most part, CC lacked the overall athleticism year in and out that was needed to be able to run Price's offense. I think they could actually be more successful with what Pemberton brings to LaFollette, especially if they can get better on defense.

On 1/26/2024 at 5:20 PM, EagleVolSteeler said:

But I do hope things get back to the rockin' glory days. It's a great atmosphere with Eagle Stadium beside that mountain. Maybe someday the businesses will close on a Friday night and the community will come out and support the Golden Eagles. 

I hope you guys can recapture some of that glory, but I think many programs statewide are suffering from the same issue, regardless of how successful they are. Sure, the most successful teams are usually going to bring in the bigger crowds, but times have changed now that most high school games are on TV (or streamed). Even some of the perennial powerhouses aren't filling their stadiums like they used to. Unlike college football (or the NFL), there aren't enough fans to mask this. High school football attendance is down everywhere. And in more suburban/metro areas, there's just a lot of other stuff competing for our attention.

• Thanks 1

Campbell Cougars will be a good team now. Campbell Cougars were not running the right offense for the type of players Campbell Cougars have. Coach Pemberton will get to where Campbell Cougars do not get mercy ruled as much. I guarantee it. It will happen. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

8 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

Campbell Cougars will be a good team now. Campbell Cougars were not running the right offense for the type of players Campbell Cougars have. Coach Pemberton will get to where Campbell Cougars do not get mercy ruled as much. I guarantee it. It will happen. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Rhea lost to Central last year. Central!

Just now, Fandom101 said:

Rhea lost to Central last year. Central!

Rhea Eagles did not get mercy ruled by Central Bobcats in 2023. It did not happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? The only teams that mercy ruled Rhea Eagles are Walker Mustangs and Cleveland Raiders. Campbell Cougars will be better this season than Rhea Eagles. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Just now, CaptainGuru said:

Rhea Eagles did not get mercy ruled by Central Bobcats in 2023. It did not happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? The only teams that mercy ruled Rhea Eagles are Walker Mustangs and Cleveland Raiders. Campbell Cougars will be better this season than Rhea Eagles. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Mercy ruled? No, but again, they lost to Central!