Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

So was the Wyoming Sem dual 136 duals ago? Cause i'm calling bs on that 135 dual win streak....

The tssaa website says 

Wrestling

22 Dates, No individual shall wrestle more than
55 matches, excluding forfeits, in the regular season

So lets say 3/4 of the dates are duals thats, on average, MAYBE 15 duals a year? Adding in the cleveland duals say 20? So the last time they lost a dual was close to 7 years ago? Again, calling bs. 

Edited by Ummmno

34 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

This is a stupid statement. When Jefferson was on their run of 18 straight state titles we wrestled them at Smokey Mountain duals and destroyed them. When Woodland was ranked in the Top 15 in the country, they came to the Cleveland duals and we smoked them too. We tried to get Camden to wrestle us. Go ahead and find a dual for them outside of GA. We went to KO and beat Buford (they are a much better traditional than a dual team). We have wrestled Wyoming Seminary. We are not scared. Lol. You know who trash talks teams with long win streaks? Teams incapable of them.

At KO......Buford brought 9...just pointing that out.

At the Kansas City Stampede.....Buford had 10 and finished 2nd.......Baylor 3rd....but they only had 11.

Edited by RMC
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

That is all they had. The others were not worth bringing. Like I said, they are a much better traditional team than a dual team.

Odd......they tied Camden County in the state duals....31 - 31....lost on 9th tiebreaker.

My point is really I'd like to see the match......I would love to see Cleveland and Baylor....maybe McCallie after what I saw last week.....wrestle Buford and Camden County.  I don't care who wins.....I like wrestling and would like to see.  

My ties graduated from Buford in 2019......and my other 2 from Collins Hill.....in 2007 and 2010.

I don't have a dog in this fight.....just want to see it.  

Actually I'd like to see Buford have all their teams play Tennessee's best teams......

Edited by RMC
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FrecoFanatic said:

This is a stupid statement. When Jefferson was on their run of 18 straight state titles we wrestled them at Smokey Mountain duals and destroyed them. When Woodland was ranked in the Top 15 in the country, they came to the Cleveland duals and we smoked them too. We tried to get Camden to wrestle us. Go ahead and find a dual for them outside of GA. We went to KO and beat Buford (they are a much better traditional than a dual team). We have wrestled Wyoming Seminary. We are not scared. Lol. You know who trash talks teams with long win streaks? Teams incapable of them.

That my friend was a mic drop post. 

22 hours ago, Bump11 said:

i didn’t say they were scared lol i said that dual streak is a big case of stat padding. which it is by definition. 95%+ of those are wins are against lesser competition. that’s stat padding. i also said that they don’t venture out to bigger dual tournaments elsewhere, which they don’t, and that they are content staying home and wrestling instate teams mostly..which based on my last 2 points, they are. i told no lies. 

Just curious… who do you cheer for? Or do you have one wrestling somewhere? 

54 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

That is all they had. The others were not worth bringing. Like I said, they are a much better traditional team than a dual team.

have you been dropped on your head?   Buford was missing 144-Gavin Pope he's one of the top ranked kids in Georgia and lost to Nate Askew 1-0 this season and finished 4th at KC Stampede, so pretty sure he would have gotten good points and their 285-Butler is also ranked in Georgia and won Archer tourney and Southern Slam and was 1 round from placing at KC Stampede. He's for sure getting points at Knockout which means they wouldn't have needed anything from the 126-132 or 175 weight class and they most likely win KO.  So not sure where you get your information that was all they had LOL.

Also South Dade was missing 2 wrestlers at 126 and 165, any of those weights score anything they most likely also beat Cleveland. 

Listen, you all CANNOT control who all shows up to wrestle, but please don't tout something like that and also go on to say Buford had no one else worth bringing and at least look it up before doing so!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rasslinking said:

I hope he shows up at State Duals, and you guys get to meet.

Why? He wanted to make a dumb statement of smacking his head I guess because he couldn’t like his buddy do any actual research! I fully admit Cleveland is going to beat any team in state of TN in a dual, they also are ranked in the top 50 in the country and that’s great! However they never want to give another team their due! Like freco saying that Buford only had 9 guys worth wrestling at the knockout tournament which is so far fetched it’s hilarious! Again, they have no control of who shows up to a tournament, the same thing happened to them at Carnahan when 2 other top 50 teams showed up without 14 wrestlers. It happens and they have no control over that but let’s not pretend it’s because those other teams didn’t have quality wrestlers to bring, there’s all kinds of reasons such as injury, some guys were still in football early season and there’s been a ton of flu and strep going around all season also!