Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

1 hour ago, TheTreyB said:

This post is laughable. Would LOVE for you tell tell him this very thing. Hahahaha

It’s not hard to see what happened here.  Cleveland released their schedule in October and had LHP scheduled for Jan 6th.  At the time of scheduling, LHP had holes at 106,190-285.  Bosken had done the math, and thought Cleveland was going to beat them and lay claim that they are the premier program in the SE.  They probably already had billboard space purchased on I-75.  LHP had other plans and picked up several kids from Illinois, Virginia, and Connecticut. 

The writing was really on the wall after Cleveland underperformed at the Powerade.  The only kids who placed for Cleveland were the move-ins. The lifelong HCWC kids got waxed. LHP finished 81 points ahead of Cleveland.  At that point, Bosken recalculated the math and told Coach Knox they had zero shot.  Their streak of beating up East Hamilton, McMinnville, and Sale Creek was in jeopardy.  Cleveland has won 200 dual meets in a row but hasn’t faced a top 50 opponent during that streak.  It is, and always has been, about their image. 

I do think I will yell down over the railing Saturday morning and inquire.  Maybe they will reimburse me for my plane ticket to Orlando.  I was heading down to watch Tennessee's best wrestle before I heard the news. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

Must be ashamed to claim your school. :)

well that is extremely disrespectful. can’t wait to tell my 14 yr old that his wrestling dreams are a joke to you. real cool guy you are. your parents must be so proud. 

Edited by Bump11

3 minutes ago, BobCorker said:

It’s not hard to see what happened here.  Cleveland released their schedule in October and had LHP scheduled for Jan 6th.  At the time of scheduling, LHP had holes at 106,190-285.  Bosken had done the math, and thought Cleveland was going to beat them and lay claim that they are the premier program in the SE.  They probably already had billboard space purchased on I-75.  LHP had other plans and picked up several kids from Illinois, Virginia, and Connecticut. 

The writing was really on the wall after Cleveland underperformed at the Powerade.  The only kids who placed for Cleveland were the move-ins. The lifelong HCWC kids got waxed. LHP finished 81 points ahead of Cleveland.  At that point, Bosken recalculated the math and told Coach Knox they had zero shot.  Their streak of beating up East Hamilton, McMinnville, and Sale Creek was in jeopardy.  Cleveland has won 200 dual meets in a row but hasn’t faced a top 50 opponent during that streak.  It is, and always has been, about their image. 

I do think I will yell down over the railing Saturday morning and inquire.  Maybe they will reimburse me for my plane ticket to Orlando.  I was heading down to watch Tennessee's best wrestle before I heard the news. 

This shows the stupidity of you. Haha 

I can’t wait. 

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

Why? He wanted to make a dumb statement of smacking his head I guess because he couldn’t like his buddy do any actual research! I fully admit Cleveland is going to beat any team in state of TN in a dual, they also are ranked in the top 50 in the country and that’s great! However they never want to give another team their due! Like freco saying that Buford only had 9 guys worth wrestling at the knockout tournament which is so far fetched it’s hilarious! Again, they have no control of who shows up to a tournament, the same thing happened to them at Carnahan when 2 other top 50 teams showed up without 14 wrestlers. It happens and they have no control over that but let’s not pretend it’s because those other teams didn’t have quality wrestlers to bring, there’s all kinds of reasons such as injury, some guys were still in football early season and there’s been a ton of flu and strep going around all season also!  

See, once again you are full of crap and spouting off about things you know nothing about. For someone who complains about others being “arrogant” you seem to be a pot calling a kettle black because of the people I have listened to on here, you seem to be the one that thinks he knows absolutely everything. What team have we not given its due? When did you ever ask what teams we think are pretty good? When did I say Buford was not a good team (answer: I never said that). Buford has a very good team and I was simply quoting what came directly out of the mouth of some of the Buford people I am fairly good friends with as to why they only brought 9. Maybe you know some people closely connected to the program as well and they are saying something different. And just so you can’t make any more bull crap up about us “not giving any other team its due”, I will go ahead and say the team I was most impressed with this year was Brownsburg. They won the Carnahan we went to and placed 5th at and it was unreal how good they were top to bottom. I was pretty dang impressed with State College and South Dade as well in PA and Florida. Bishop McCort has one of the very best high school wrestlers I have ever seen (and I have seen a lot). There are a lot of teams we would get beat pretty bad by across the country, and I think LHP is one of them. We were not scared to wrestle them and it’s none of your business why we did not. But yeah, we learned about all those teams like Brownsburg by staying in TN and beating up on “lesser opponents” as we are accused of. We learned that by being “scared.” Bro, we travel more than just about any public school in the South. It seems to me like many of you on here are pretty disconnected from wrestling. Lol. Let’s go ahead and get into a debate about awareness of wrestling outside of TN (you ask the people on here that know me and they will tell you that you are not winning that one). And for all these “enlightened geniuses” on here talking about winning streaks, I never said we won 135 in a row, and honestly I do not keep up with it because it is not important to 90% of us that are in the program; but, I do know (because I have been in this game a long time) that 22 dates (not including post-season) is way more duals than 15 or 20. Heck, three dual tournaments is 15. I also know that my team would have to actually have a winning streak before I started chiming in on other people’s. Listen, if it makes you feel better trying to explain away our success and diminish anything our kids have accomplished to make you feel better about yourself or  your team or whatever, then have at it. If it makes you feel better to make up stuff like “we never give any other team their due,” go ahead.

2 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

have you been dropped on your head?   Buford was missing 144-Gavin Pope he's one of the top ranked kids in Georgia and lost to Nate Askew 1-0 this season and finished 4th at KC Stampede, so pretty sure he would have gotten good points and their 285-Butler is also ranked in Georgia and won Archer tourney and Southern Slam and was 1 round from placing at KC Stampede. He's for sure getting points at Knockout which means they wouldn't have needed anything from the 126-132 or 175 weight class and they most likely win KO.  So not sure where you get your information that was all they had LOL.

Also South Dade was missing 2 wrestlers at 126 and 165, any of those weights score anything they most likely also beat Cleveland. 

Listen, you all CANNOT control who all shows up to wrestle, but please don't tout something like that and also go on to say Buford had no one else worth bringing and at least look it up before doing so!

Both Buford and Camden county would boat race any team in Tennessee. They beat Cleveland by 10+ with a full lineup. Maybe more

Edited by FR615

11 minutes ago, BobCorker said:

No chance you confront Knox or Bosken about this. I love all these bitter Baylor fans. Your just mad kids actually get developed at Cleveland, unlike Baylor.

1 minute ago, FR615 said:

Both Buford and Camden county would boat race any team in Tennessee. They beat Cleveland by 10+ with a full lineup. Maybe more

That is what people said about Woodland a few years ago too. Buford may beat us, and so might Camden. Maybe by 10+, but maybe we beat them too.

3 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

See, once again you are full of crap and spouting off about things you know nothing about. For someone who complains about others being “arrogant” you seem to be a pot calling a kettle black because of the people I have listened to on here, you seem to be the one that thinks he knows absolutely everything. What team have we not given its due? When did you ever ask what teams we think are pretty good? When did I say Buford was not a good team (answer: I never said that). Buford has a very good team and I was simply quoting what came directly out of the mouth of some of the Buford people I am fairly good friends with as to why they only brought 9. Maybe you know some people closely connected to the program as well and they are saying something different. And just so you can’t make any more bull crap up about us “not giving any other team its due”, I will go ahead and say the team I was most impressed with this year was Brownsburg. They won the Carnahan we went to and placed 5th at and it was unreal how good they were top to bottom. I was pretty dang impressed with State College and South Dade as well in PA and Florida. Bishop McCort has one of the very best high school wrestlers I have ever seen (and I have seen a lot). There are a lot of teams we would get beat pretty bad by across the country, and I think LHP is one of them. We were not scared to wrestle them and it’s none of your business why we did not. But yeah, we learned about all those teams like Brownsburg by staying in TN and beating up on “lesser opponents” as we are accused of. We learned that by being “scared.” Bro, we travel more than just about any public school in the South. It seems to me like many of you on here are pretty disconnected from wrestling. Lol. Let’s go ahead and get into a debate about awareness of wrestling outside of TN (you ask the people on here that know me and they will tell you that you are not winning that one). And for all these “enlightened geniuses” on here talking about winning streaks, I never said we won 135 in a row, and honestly I do not keep up with it because it is not important to 90% of us that are in the program; but, I do know (because I have been in this game a long time) that 22 dates (not including post-season) is way more duals than 15 or 20. Heck, three dual tournaments is 15. I also know that my team would have to actually have a winning streak before I started chiming in on other people’s. Listen, if it makes you feel better trying to explain away our success and diminish anything our kids have accomplished to make you feel better about yourself or  your team or whatever, then have at it. If it makes you feel better to make up stuff like “we never give any other team their due,” go ahead.

paragraphs are your friend