D1 AA Duals Predictions

Bump11

Let’s get this out of the way now…does the bracket suck? does the seeding process need to be changed? Yes. 

Does T$$AA give a rats @$$ what we think/want? Absolutely not. So while we can all talk about how T$$AA is a joke and cares nothing about this sport, it’s not gonna change anything. So let’s get into it. 

R1-

Cleveland over Summit

Brentwood over Arlington

Bradley over Dobyns

Halls over Bartlett

Semi-Finals-

Cleveland over Brentwood

Bradley over Halls 

Consos-

Summit over Arlington

Dobyns over Bartlett

Summit over Halls

Brentwood over Dobyns

Finals/3rd-

Cleveland over Bradley

Summit over Brentwood

1. Cleveland

2. Bradley

3. Summit

4. Brentwood

29 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

I'll go ahead and take DB over Bradley. I looked at Bradley's lineup from duals in in early January and middle/late January.  Hasn't changed any and they have a common opponent in Soddy. Math is always sketchy but Dobyns did much better. 

i flipped a literal coin on that and Bradley/Halls. those 3 are tight. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

I'll go ahead and take DB over Bradley. I looked at Bradley's lineup from duals in in early January and middle/late January.  Hasn't changed any and they have a common opponent in Soddy. Math is always sketchy but Dobyns did much better. 

Idk man Bradley just forfeited the last three matches against a 3rd ranked Blackman team. I think they have some confidence coming into it. It will be a great match 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bummer90 said:

Idk man Bradley just forfeited the last three matches against a 3rd ranked Blackman team. I think they have some confidence coming into it. It will be a great match 

There's a couple parts to this. First, I honestly believe Blackman was a little overrated all season and a few other large public schools underrated at the same time. That being said, the #3 was obviously, at minimum, slightly inflated. The 2nd part of this is the last 3 weight classes of the dual would've probably been at least +4 and possibly +6 Blackman IMO. That would've still been a very convincing win by BC but made the score appear a little more competitive. Saying all this, I thought Blackman would win but they didn't. 

11 hours ago, Bummer90 said:

that’s my thought process as well. going from projected to miss the tourney all together to handling #3 and then getting this draw…they have to like their chances. and we all know from experience, a confident Bradley squad with momentum is dangerous. 

8 hours ago, StarRaider said:

Quarters - Summit.

Semis - Summit

Finals - Summit

What? Consolations (Wrestlebacks)? Yeah…there is no way they are beating Cleveland. Summit got destroyed by Cleveland at the Cleveland Duals. I get it the lineup wasn’t set. But come on now…

2 hours ago, Humorist said:

What? Consolations (Wrestlebacks)? Yeah…there is no way they are beating Cleveland. Summit got destroyed by Cleveland at the Cleveland Duals. I get it the lineup wasn’t set. But come on now…

i think he’s trolling. i do believe it will be closer than last time though.