Mcconnell leaves for Westview

21 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Couldn’t agree more with you

Appreciate it. He was extremely disappointing. Makes me wonder if y'all  shouldn't have at least got to play Alchoa once or twice while Stanfield was QB.

I hope we keep coach Joe!. That guy is a leader of young men and a heck of a line coach

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Appreciate it. He was extremely disappointing. Makes me wonder if y'all  shouldn't have at least got to play Alchoa once or twice while Stanfield was QB.

I hope we keep coach Joe!. That guy is a leader of young men and a heck of a line coach

Rumor is he’s got one more year at Camden then going to become the preacher man at a church in Martin. McConnel will find him a local church to go to! 

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

I like Coach Rhodes. Good dude in my book and the kids really like him too. Hated to see him go. I wish him luck if he stays or goes.

5 hours ago, Primetime1 said:

Bigger Dogs? LOL. Westview almost beat Dyersburg last year in playoffs with mostly freshmen and sophomores starting. Dyersburg had like 19 seniors. Westview will be the Standard for this Region for several years to come. We are not moving back to 2A. The 7th, 8th, and 9th grade classes are way too big. We will move to 4A before we go back to 2A. 

Oh boy….

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Primetime1 said:

Bigger Dogs? LOL. Westview almost beat Dyersburg last year in playoffs with mostly freshmen and sophomores starting. Dyersburg had like 19 seniors. Westview will be the Standard for this Region for several years to come. We are not moving back to 2A. The 7th, 8th, and 9th grade classes are way too big. We will move to 4A before we go back to 2A. 

You will have to move somewhere in order to win a championship because you won’t be able to win one against Alcoa that’s for dang sure.

16 hours ago, Primetime1 said:

OK, I'll bite. Just conversation here, football is over for the year all we have to do is chatter. The past 3 alignments have shown Westview 2017-21 3A #619 students, 21-23 2A #509 students, 23-25 3A #558 students. Assuming Martin does graduate some students, huge MS classes coming in, and Westview is going to gain #200 more kids to jump into 4A? Or petition & play up to 4A because they can like Pearl Cohn. I direly hope you are correct that Martin & Weakley County will grow that much & I ain't talking about the school system. However, moving to 4A will gain a Region of Obion Central that feels the need to schedule Fulton County, KY. So not a big Region win there. Beating Fayette Ware is not what it used to be. Haywood will be an issue, but playing 1 hard region game a year doesn't speak volumes. Dyer & Crockett seem to be .500-ish teams that can beat anyone or lose to anyone on any given night. So, HS lasts 4 years, complete change out of kids, so I don't care who played who in the 90's, or decades before that or even 15 years ago. In the past 4-5 years, who has Westview regular season scheduled & "played up" to make someone believe they could compete with the elite in 4A? Again, this is not hate speech, don't take it that way, we are all just lost in our lives because football is over for 8 more months. Will Westview schedule Henry County now? Go play Southwind? Collierville? Someone good, not just because they have a 5A or 6A class attached to their name & call it an incredible win. I mean if Union City has the brass to schedule Ensworth, at home, what's on the platter for Westview to show what they're really capable of & deserve to move into 4A or play up into that class? Man we all love our teams, I respect that. But anything less than an alien abduction of Alcoa & maybe East Nashville & I still see 2A coming for Westview in the crystal ball. But, maybe I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, SpottedGoat said:

OK, I'll bite. Just conversation here, football is over for the year all we have to do is chatter. The past 3 alignments have shown Westview 2017-21 3A #619 students, 21-23 2A #509 students, 23-25 3A #558 students. Assuming Martin does graduate some students, huge MS classes coming in, and Westview is going to gain #200 more kids to jump into 4A? Or petition & play up to 4A because they can like Pearl Cohn. I direly hope you are correct that Martin & Weakley County will grow that much & I ain't talking about the school system. However, moving to 4A will gain a Region of Obion Central that feels the need to schedule Fulton County, KY. So not a big Region win there. Beating Fayette Ware is not what it used to be. Haywood will be an issue, but playing 1 hard region game a year doesn't speak volumes. Dyer & Crockett seem to be .500-ish teams that can beat anyone or lose to anyone on any given night. So, HS lasts 4 years, complete change out of kids, so I don't care who played who in the 90's, or decades before that or even 15 years ago. In the past 4-5 years, who has Westview regular season scheduled & "played up" to make someone believe they could compete with the elite in 4A? Again, this is not hate speech, don't take it that way, we are all just lost in our lives because football is over for 8 more months. Will Westview schedule Henry County now? Go play Southwind? Collierville? Someone good, not just because they have a 5A or 6A class attached to their name & call it an incredible win. I mean if Union City has the brass to schedule Ensworth, at home, what's on the platter for Westview to show what they're really capable of & deserve to move into 4A or play up into that class? Man we all love our teams, I respect that. But anything less than an alien abduction of Alcoa & maybe East Nashville & I still see 2A coming for Westview in the crystal ball. But, maybe I'm wrong. 

I think it will be tough for them to move down to 2a especially if they have a big middle school class coming in. They would have to hope that some teams from 2a decide to play up in 3a which I don't see happening. I don't think playing up into 4a is a bad thing. You could schedule teams like South Gibson, Lexington, Hardin County to see where you stack up against the other side of the bracket if you got that far. Not saying they would compete and win it all in 4a but you at least have a better chance than a guarantee second place at best against Alcoa if you can get past East Nashville.

16 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Oh boy….

I pretty sure you were at the game, final yall won by 3. Dyersburg ran the second half kick off back on the sideline where one of our kids got blocked in the back. Go back and watch the film. If it wasn't for that we win the game. Final was 18-21. Our young Defense held yall to 2 TD. Nothing I said was inaccurate including Dyersburg was full of Senior starters and Westview had mostly Freshman and Sophomores starting. 

18 hours ago, Yellowstone said:

The Ghost of Jared will hang over this program…..

Jarod Neal is not a ghost. Jared Neal use to coach Westview Chargers football team. Westview Chargers team got a new coach. I tried to tell everyone what would happen but nobody believed it. McConnell is back coaching Westview Chargers again where he belongs. McConnell did not like coaching Camden Lions the past several years. McConnell was faking it. I guarantee it. McConnell was just waiting to get back to coaching Westview Chargers where he likes being the coach. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? Westview Chargers will not get mercy ruled a whole lot of times. Westview Chargers will get better and better. McConnell coached Waverly Tigers, Westview Chargers, Camden Lions and now Westview Chargers again. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Edited by CaptainGuru