Bolivar Football

Just for a convo piece here to go alongside whatever potential coach news there might be:

What is Bolivar returning next year? Last years Senior QB looked fantastic at the All-Star game surrounded by good talent on offense. Heard about him all year & glad I got to see him play. Who will be his successor? Is Bolivar a young team that just needs the right spark from a new coach? Going to be Senior heavy? What will a new coach be walking in to? 

16 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

Just for a convo piece here to go alongside whatever potential coach news there might be:

What is Bolivar returning next year? Last years Senior QB looked fantastic at the All-Star game surrounded by good talent on offense. Heard about him all year & glad I got to see him play. Who will be his successor? Is Bolivar a young team that just needs the right spark from a new coach? Going to be Senior heavy? What will a new coach be walking in to? 

From what I remember when we played them this season, they had a large senior class. The QB was as good as advertised but in the JV game against SS the backup threw 3 or 4 interceptions.  In JV this past season we beat them 28-8 with what I would imagine would be a lot of their starters for this next season. I think Bolivar is going to be in for a very tough year, they have some talent in the younger classes for sure, but will they be able to put it together, keep it together is the problem. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 9:32 AM, CaptainGuru said:

Bolivar Tigers better find a good coach soon or they will get mercy ruled a lot of times in the 2024 season. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

A coach can do a lot of things, but they can't play the game. Got to mix that coach with some decent talent to avoid those mercy rules. Not saying Bolivar doesn't have any, they have plenty of talent walking around that school building, but have to convince them to play football!

On 2/1/2024 at 9:32 AM, CaptainGuru said:

Bolivar Tigers better find a good coach soon or they will get mercy ruled a lot of times in the 2024 season. It will happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I have heard through the rumor mill or grapevine, which ever one you would like to say is less accurate lol, that Bolivar has their eye on  Scotts Hill's old coach. Rumor is again, that since Mcnairy 'fumbled' on not giving him a chance to even interview, that Bolivar will try and scoop up the loose ball and go score touchdowns on MC. This could be an interesting scenario play out!