D2 Predictions

Bump11

21 minutes ago, FR615 said:

Agree with all of your predictions. Ryan is too deep In the middle now for Baylor adding back two of their best should flip the Mccallie matchup.

agreed. i said it at the beginning of the year last year when i called them winning it all, Ryan is too good top to bottom right now when at 100% 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, FR615 said:

Had Baylor still had their 138 and 144 they wouldn’t have gotten beat by anybody in the state. Mccallie vs FR will be tight but I think Ryan pulls it out.

I know it is all hypothetical and we all enjoy the discussion of message board predictions, which are always fun, but even with Baylor’s 138 and 144 out, they could still win it all.

If I remember correctly, Joyner was up 7-3 and then got pinned in the third period by Cross (awesome match!). Baylor wins the Dual at McCallie if he finishes the match and they would have been the #1 seed. (I know. He lost. Baylor lost. I get it. McCallie earned the spot by wrestling great!)

It will be fun to watch on Saturday and I am not ready to count out Baylor just yet. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RaisingAbeast22 said:

It’s a toss up between Baylor, McCallie, and Ryan. Any of the 3 could win it. It’s close between all of them. 

Not anymore. Baylor lost 12 guaranteed points in the middle of their lineup. It's a two horse race now. 

19 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Not anymore. Baylor lost 12 guaranteed points in the middle of their lineup. It's a two horse race now. 

They still match up very well with both teams. Against McCallie it was 33-32 going into the final match and their guy was up 6-3 before he got stuck. It will come down to who gets the right matchups.  

• Like 1

I wonder if Ryan bumps Calvin, Gobbel, Roark and Lampert up against Baylor? If Bond drops to 113 (which all signs point that way), they don't have a 120 and Ryan could let Eason or Hare go out there to get their hand raised. Makes sure that you get Roark on Malachi to get that win and I'd imagine Calvin beats Olli. The FR/Baylor match is going to be an epic semi-final. 

I think McCallie will win but recognize I have a bias. That said, it wouldn't shock me for any of those three teams to win it all. It's that close imo and could literally be decided on the toss. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

I wonder if Ryan bumps Calvin, Gobbel, Roark and Lampert up against Baylor? If Bond drops to 113 (which all signs point that way), they don't have a 120 and Ryan could let Eason or Hare go out there to get their hand raised. Makes sure that you get Roark on Malachi to get that win and I'd imagine Calvin beats Olli. The FR/Baylor match is going to be an epic semi-final. 

I think McCallie will win but recognize I have a bias. That said, it wouldn't shock me for any of those three teams to win it all. It's that close imo and could literally be decided on the toss. 

I would say those moves are very likely if Bond goes 114. 

I have Ryan over Mccallie bc I think with Tran back they at the very least cut that pin lane got to a decision. Also think Rutherford handles Cross by a major flipping the 6 Mccallie got. Maybe Mccallie makes it up at 190? Should be a great match if Ryan gets by Baylor.

Edited by FR615