Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

16 minutes ago, FR615 said:

Im saying they completely destroyed what would have been a great Boyd Buc team and are starting to get some kids that were scheduled to go to Cleveland (with a few more shockers on the way). stealing was a bad way to describe it. It was more meant as getting and acquiring talent. So you can move on.

I have zero problem with any kid going to the  school that is best for them. 

The same could be said for 2 others on that team where their fathers were legacy wrestlers at Soddy Daisy. Could you imagine this team next year if they had both Lane and Ritchie?  I have zero issue with that, sucks they went that route as a fan, but it happens, we have lost kids to McCallie and Baylor in other sports for years.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Appvol said:

His only loss in high school was an injury forfeit at the Holy Angels in 2021 in the finals. He got hurt in the semis. Baylor High School offered him in when he was in 8th grade

As a boarding student right? Not the rented property Cleveland financed and Mccallie is using to call him a day student? 

37 minutes ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

I’m fine if you come after us parents and fans, we are a bit crazy. But don’t come after the kids or our coaches, that’s not acceptable. They do it the right way and to say they’re “stealing” kids is insulting. 

I’ll ask again, what constitutes stealing kids to you? And at what point does the McCallie staff get credit for developing kids? Because mine has gotten immensely better being with them and I’m grateful to every single one of those guys

Exactly! Jake and Matt are excellent coaches. This is exactly what I try to explain to people about Cleveland. It’s like they think the kids on our high school team who moved to Cleveland in MS somehow have not been significantly developed by our program.

1 minute ago, cobrakid8 said:

The same could be said for 2 others on that team where their fathers were legacy wrestlers at Soddy Daisy. Could you imagine this team next year if they had both Lane and Ritchie?  I have zero issue with that, sucks they went that route as a fan, but it happens, we have lost kids to McCallie and Baylor in other sports for years.

I agree. Both do it. I have a lot of respect for Soddy overcoming those losses

10 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

So almost 34% of their starting line up is transfers.

got it. It’s way above the rest of the stare. This isn’t the flex you think it is.

I think you missed the part where I said ALL of the kids that start for us came from our developmental program and were with us BEFORE high school. But, whatever makes you feel better man.

Cleveland's current dynasty and McCallie's championship yesterday are not by accident. Granted, I thought FR would win a very close match yesterday and was wrong. I actually told my son that if the D2-AAA duals were wrestled 100 times, I thought FR would win abt 40, McCallie would win abt 30-35 and Baylor would win abt 25-30.

Saying that, the success that Cleveland has had and will continue to have in the coming yrs is due to their staffs hard work AND the willingness of kids and parents to travel outside of TN seeking better competition. Their kids aren't running "secret moves" from their feet, top or bottom. I'm fairly certain they probably drill routine set-ups, takedowns, techniques and positioning (with an emphasis on every small detail) until its 2nd nature to the kids. 

There are kids on every team (Cleveland and McCallie included) that are JV, spot starters depending on the matchup, quality starters and elite wrestlers. The thing that separates these teams from most teams is their number of kids that have traveled to "wrestling states" seeking better competition. You take away the (4) 8th graders and a couple stud freshman from McCallie and they don't win, period. What do these kids have in common? They've wrestled better competition several times as youth than they'll see at most tournaments in TN. The same principle applies to the Baylor hammers, Summit studs, Signal Mtn studs, Greeneville's best kids the past few years, Mason Jakob, or any other elite kid from TN. Get your personal kids up to OH, MI, PA, OK, MO, IA, IN, IL, etc and they'll be better for it. Get several kids from your area around the same age doing it and by the time they're in HS, their team will be significantly better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FR615 said:

As a boarding student right? Not the rented property Cleveland financed and Mccallie is using to call him a day student? 

Okay man, you need to slow down. Cleveland did not finance the place they were staying. They found their own place to stay and paid for it out of their own pocket. They came to this area after traveling to train in our club for years. They did what they thought was best for their son coming to Cleveland and then McCallie. I get your mad the dual did not go your way last night, but your gossiping about someone that you do not even know. You don’t know the Williams, or their situation. So you probably should not be spitting out horse crap about them and their family.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, FR615 said:

Yeah it was as a boarding student I would guess. That was in 2020 when he got accepted. 

ESxXjywXYAEmJ4Y.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

I think you missed the part where I said ALL of the kids that start for us came from our developmental program and were with us BEFORE high school. But, whatever makes you feel better man.

If ANY other program had a donor worth $500million giving to their program they’d find the same level of success.

the excuses are getting out of hand. 

2 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

If ANY other program had a donor worth $500million giving to their program they’d find the same level of success.

the excuses are getting out of hand. 

The jealousy is..... please tell us what program your connected too.....Im sure it would make so much more sense.

34 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

So almost 34% of their starting line up is transfers.

got it. It’s way above the rest of the stare. This isn’t the flex you think it is.

I would happily put those kids 10 kids and the ones who would be starting if the Fowlers and Lucas and had not moved to Cleveland in MS against any team in the state. Result would be the same. Like I said man, you say whatever you have to say to make yourself feel better.