Congrats to Tee Higgins

26 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

2024 is the biggest salary of his deal at 55M, after that it steadily drops down into the mid 40s for the rest of the deal. So yes, Burrow took a page from Brady and left a significant amount of money on the table in the hopes his team can't put it to good use elsewhere 

He can scrape by on 40 per year.  Ha.  

On 3/4/2024 at 9:54 AM, tubthumper said:

Tee Higgins ability to float and levitate when the ball is in the air is unreal, fun to watch at OR

Lots of fun to watch him in the option offense as the only receiver split out wide. Just goes to show you a bad coach can’t kill great talent. 

On 3/11/2024 at 12:34 PM, SweetScience said:

Yeah, I’m sure he’s wanting to be the #1 option somewhere. That’s just not gonna happen in Cincy.

I'm sure he does, although I think he was mainly looking for a longer-term deal with the Bengals, not a one-year franchise tag/stop-gap option. Lot of chatter that he ends up in NE when it's all said and done.

Edited by osunut2

1 hour ago, FootballFan888 said:

Still trying to get his career catch count up after those years of Joker Joe changing to the option at Oak Ridge.

Did you see what we were working with @ QB back in those days? I probably would’ve gone to the option too. The cupboard was bare to the bone, except that one year Johnny Stewart started at QB. Actually, I probably would’ve put Tee at QB so the ball would’ve been in his hands at ALL times.

Edited by SweetScience

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Did you see what we were working with @ QB back in those days? I probably would’ve gone to the option too. The cupboard was bare to the bone, except that one year Johnny Stewart started at QB. Actually, I probably would’ve put Tee at QB so the ball would’ve been in his hands at ALL times.

I heard that it was mentioned and Benanti was against it