AA State Tournament Picks

Just now, pioneer42 said:

Congrats to Westview on a good season. They will be back strong again next year. Three Miss Basketballs candidates all looked great. All AA games were in single digits as we expected. Proud of our girls for sure battling against a really good Huntingdon team. Good luck to all. Great games today. 

GC vs York  will be another classic. As will Loretto vs GP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Watching the AA games today....I'm pulling for GC to win it all, but I think that York is the favorite by a slim margin. I think this may have been the strongest AA tournament top to bottom in recent history. Great games. Go Pioneers. Congrats to WV on a great season. With the losses of the seniors from last year and the injuries this year... an impressive return.

For WV to make it back after graduating their big stars, then not being at full strength, plus having the target on their back for being back to back champions. They went down with honor, we will be back and better next season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WestviewAlumni said:

For WV to make it back after graduating their big stars, then not being at full strength, plus having the target on their back for being back to back champions. They went down with honor, we will be back and better next season.

Being completely honest, I wasn't sure WV would make it this year (especially after Simpson & Brent went down), but the silver lining is I believe only 1 senior was on the floor today for them so I'd say they'll be pretty competitive next year again. I was also told that they have a couple of 8th graders coming up that are pretty decent players in their own right. I knew their only losses this year before State were to GC, Huntingdon, and S Gibson (all at State) and they had the #2 strength of schedule). WV has a good program and go about it very businesslike. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

17 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Being completely honest, I wasn't sure WV would make it this year (especially after Simpson & Brent went down), but the silver lining is I believe only 1 senior was on the floor today for them so I'd say they'll be pretty competitive next year again. I was also told that they have a couple of 8th graders coming up that are pretty decent players in their own right. I knew their only losses this year before State were to GC, Huntingdon, and S Gibson (all at State) and they had the #2 strength of schedule). WV has a good program and go about it very businesslike. 

Wait..we got more good players coming ? Any big post players?

11 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Got a big 7th grade post player that is going to be tough! None in 8th grade though but some tough shooters/ball handler guards

Excellent! Middle school team is a little harder to keep up with. They got alumni and former players as coaches so when they get to the high school they are plug and play.

• Like 1