AA State Tournament Picks

10 hours ago, WestviewAlumni said:

Excellent! Middle school team is a little harder to keep up with. They got alumni and former players as coaches so when they get to the high school they are plug and play.

The middle school program definitely is beneficial to the high school. It always helps when you have coaches that are alumni and know the system of the high school program to know how to prepare them! I’m really surprised that head coach hasn’t gone to high school with the success she has had there but I think she’s happy right where she is

Edited by sportslover88
Forgot part

On 3/4/2024 at 9:41 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Give me York against the field. They learned a hard lesson last year with a tough loss against westview. They play defense and the point guard is money. Teams traditionally don’t shoot the ball well first game in the glass house. Layups and foul shouts is where the difference will be. 

Wrong pick. Gibson County too good. 

34 minutes ago, Charger731 said:

Wrong pick. Gibson County too good. 

I knew we had a great defense and some of the Westview Fans picked us to win it in the hotel and I was cautiously optimistic with all the good teams. Westview's defense has shut folks down as well the last two seasons before. Will be interesting going forward. We had some great offensive plays but our defense won it for us. 

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I knew we had a great defense and some of the Westview Fans picked us to win it in the hotel and I was cautiously optimistic with all the good teams. Westview's defense has shut folks down as well the last two seasons before. Will be interesting going forward. We had some great offensive plays but our defense won it for us. 

Wilkins did a fantastic job with this team.  Emphasized their strengths and hid their weaknesses.  Big question: Is Wilkins on the sidelines at GC next year or does he go out on top?  I heard some rumors that this might be it for him.  You think there's any truth to those rumors or people just making assumptions because he's not a young guy?

3 hours ago, maddams said:

Wilkins did a fantastic job with this team.  Emphasized their strengths and hid their weaknesses.  Big question: Is Wilkins on the sidelines at GC next year or does he go out on top?  I heard some rumors that this might be it for him.  You think there's any truth to those rumors or people just making assumptions because he's not a young guy?

I will be shocked if he is not on the sidelines next year. He loves what he is doing. He has a great system set up. I think this year he really adapted to his team well. Played more zone this year to stay out of foul trouble and create a different look. All of his Assistant Coaches and  Jr. High Coaches are great coaches. He has a well oiled machine right now and he loves what he is doing. Wife told me the week of snow break he was ready to practice and get back to work.  I hope he stays 10 more years. If he does leave I hope they let him make the next hire. Good guy and runs a good Christian Program. No profanity at all and just a great family.