AA State Tournament Picks

Give me York against the field. They learned a hard lesson last year with a tough loss against westview. They play defense and the point guard is money. Teams traditionally don’t shoot the ball well first game in the glass house. Layups and foul shouts is where the difference will be. 

13 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Give me York against the field. They learned a hard lesson last year with a tough loss against westview. They play defense and the point guard is money. Teams traditionally don’t shoot the ball well first game in the glass house. Layups and foul shouts is where the difference will be. 

That first round game should be a dandy. Dose York play a lot of teams that press the ball like Central?

On 3/2/2024 at 10:09 PM, wtnbballfan said:

Mcminn, gp and Loretto for sure.  

Gc vs huntingdon is a toss up. Huntingdon stronger in post. GC stronger guards. Both coached by a Wilkins. Think Huntingdon beat GC early in the season at a payday or something. It will probably be the best game to to watch! 

Only team to beat GC this season was Crockett County.

On 3/2/2024 at 9:32 PM, westtn12 said:

McMinn v York

Gibson v Huntingdon

Gatlinburg Pittman v Smith Co

Westview v Loretto 

who’s your first round picks?

Give me York, Huntingdon, Gatlinburg Pittman, and Westview

I've got Westview and Huntingdon facing off in the finals. West TN basketball reigns supreme. (Side Note: is 2A easily the best overall classification of girls basketball in the state? I think you would be hard pressed to find as many quality teams across the board in any other classification in the state. Each of these teams has handled much larger schools and private schools throughout the year)

45 minutes ago, Charger731 said:

I've got Westview and Huntingdon facing off in the finals. West TN basketball reigns supreme. (Side Note: is 2A easily the best overall classification of girls basketball in the state? I think you would be hard pressed to find as many quality teams across the board in any other classification in the state. Each of these teams has handled much larger schools and private schools throughout the year)

Have you watched any of the other teams?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Have you watched any of the other teams?

Is this question regarding my picks or my question about other classifications? I don't see a lot in person outside of my area, but on NFHS Network I enjoy checking in on teams that people claim are really good. Doesn't mean I am right or unbiased lol. Best part of basketball is that it's one game winner take all. I can't wait to see what happens!

On 3/2/2024 at 9:32 PM, westtn12 said:

McMinn v York

Gibson v Huntingdon

Gatlinburg Pittman v Smith Co

Westview v Loretto 

who’s your first round picks?

McMinn by 8-10, too many weapons

GC by 8-10, Micah Hart

GP by 15+, Just better

Loretto in a close one, low scoring game

2 hours ago, Charger731 said:

I think Gibson county will beat Huntingdon. I will feel better about us making the championship if we were at full strength. Our first game will be how the game with York was last year. Hope we come out on winning side