AA State Tournament Picks

Mcminn, gp and Loretto for sure.  

Gc vs huntingdon is a toss up. Huntingdon stronger in post. GC stronger guards. Both coached by a Wilkins. Think Huntingdon beat GC early in the season at a payday or something. It will probably be the best game to to watch! 

23 hours ago, 1983 said:

Would be really surprised if Westview beats Loretto

Can't never tell what will happen up there. Loretto is playing really well right now. To be quite honest I didn't know if Loretto would beat Cheatham County much less blow them out. Westview has been lights out in the Glass House the last two years. They shoot well up there and they play that stingy defense that has been hard on us the last three years. I can make a case for every opponent winning any game. I know as a Gibson County Fan I am proud of our girls for the year we have had and getting there. Always a blessing to get there. Blessing to be healthy and alive. 

2 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

McMinn

GC

GP 

Loretto

McMinn/GC a rematch from last years state semis.  Expect a good one.  

GP definitely got the luck of the draw among the contenders in AA imo 

I think that you've got it right, but GC/Huntingdon could realistically go either way, with me giving the Lady Pioneers the nod from experience alone. McMinn/York could be a barn burner too... McMinn should be more talented across the entire lineup, but if York can somehow get the lead late the door could be slammed shut by the point guard. Can't take it from her, and she's money at the stripe. Pittman should just be too good for Smith County, even though they're pretty stout themselves. Loretto is too much for Haskins to overcome with backcourt play. Westview's bigs aren't bad, but they live and die with their guards slashing and shooting threes...stop them and they're still going to score some, but not enough to keep up.

Best game? I'll take GC/Fillies slightly over McMinn/York

Most likely to be 10+... have to go Loretto over the 'View, but they've got to clamp down on the guards. GP could get up on Smith, but I know less about Smith than any of the rest... just know that GP has both the talent and experience to potentially win it all... but then again, so do just about all of the others.

Edited by tradertwo

9 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Random thought about AA teams…how many seniors does each team have? I’m thinking it’s not many for most of them. Westview with one (one out with ACL), Gibson Co with two, York with none…what about the others?

Central starts two seniors. 

21 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Random thought about AA teams…how many seniors does each team have? I’m thinking it’s not many for most of them. Westview with one (one out with ACL), Gibson Co with two, York with none…what about the others?

Huntingdon has 3 seniors. 2 that start. Fillies are a jr heavy team.