What happened in AA???

I thought it was all but set that McMinn and Gatlinburg Pittman were in the championship… I heard that before the tournament even started?? Did I miss something?? Looks like neither of them were.. and looks like the two teams that were in it were counted out. I guess ball don’t lie. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, westtn12 said:

I thought it was all but set that McMinn and Gatlinburg Pittman were in the championship… I heard that before the tournament even started?? Did I miss something?? Looks like neither of them were.. and looks like the two teams that were in it were counted out. I guess ball don’t lie. 

I think Gibson County and Loretto really proved to the state that they are big time programs and are not going to be intimidated by anyone. York, McMinn Central and Gatlinburg Pittman could have won it as well. Very solid teams. I knew these two being underdogs was not a bad thing. 

5 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

AA is just to competitive to pick a winner. Almost every game had you on the edge of your seat. Even watching from home.

I watched several games from 3a down in person this year. By far one of the better tournament from a fan perspective.  

23 minutes ago, Lash said:

What do you mean what happened?  Chalk wins out, West TN always the favorite amirite?  Were folks really surprised?  Had Westview's pointguard been playing it woulda been an all West TN final

I don’t know about that.  I think Westview overachieved by just getting to state.