What happened in AA???

6 minutes ago, 1983 said:

I don’t know about that.  I think Westview overachieved by just getting to state.

Westview lost to Loretto by 5 points without their starting point guard. She doesn’t get hurt and one could argue that those results would have been different

16 minutes ago, Madddog2020 said:

Gibson Co. will be back too.

They will be back because they have an easy path back to state but they will miss Miya and Micah big time.  They only played 5 players in championship game.  

13 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview lost to Loretto by 5 points without their starting point guard. She doesn’t get hurt and one could argue that those results would have been different

I’m not knocking Westview I just think losing Jada and getting back to state is impressive.  

2 hours ago, 1983 said:

I’m not knocking Westview I just think losing Jada and getting back to state is impressive.  

I agree. No one expected it but with Sims and Alexander returning and then throwing others in the mix around them, they were able to pull it off with injuries thrown in there as well. Their only losses were to Gibson Co, South Gibson, Huntingdon, and Loretto who were all in the state tournament and two of them in the championship with one winning it. Next year they will have Sims back and then the freshman point guard who is the real deal and then put a more experienced Trevathan, Evans, and Rogers around them with some other potential contributors coming back and coming up from a strong feeder middle school and they will be tough!

Edited by sportslover88
Left out Huntingdon

1 hour ago, sportslover88 said:

I agree. No one expected it but with Sims and Alexander returning and then throwing others in the mix around them, they were able to pull it off with injuries thrown in there as well. Their only losses were to Gibson Co, South Gibson, and Loretto who were all in the state tournament and two of them in the championship with one winning it. Next year they will have Sims back and then the freshman point guard who is the real deal and then put a more experienced Trevathan, Evans, and Rogers around them with some other potential contributors coming back and coming up from a strong feeder middle school and they will be tough!

Yes I agree I think they may be better next season.  Westview lost to Huntingdon this season also.  

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Yep you are right. Trenton loses a bunch. Gibson County Westview will be there. Loretto, York, McMinn Central, GP or Alcoa....East Nashville.., Smith County

Don’t sleep on Huntingdon!  Return 3 starters and a 6’ 2” Center who will be really good next season!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Don’t sleep on Huntingdon!  Return 3 starters and a 6’ 2” Center who will be really good next season!

Huntingdon will be good again. Huntingdon will be in the mix for years to come. There is talent getting ready to come through for the next several years. Ask around the area that are playing against Huntingdons 3rd- 6th grade girls. Not to mention middle school girls winning 22 games his year and losing 1 game. Wilkins is just getting ready to go on a run.

Edited by Waker

7 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

They have been the favorite the past three years but Westview and Gibson Co have knocked them out each year. Maybe next year will be their year

York got 3 happy and lost. 
a Darkhorse next year could be Smith Co. maybe not to win it all but to upset some teams. First time nerves got them this year. 

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

Didn't mean too. Yep Huntingdon will be tough as their Jr. High is loaded I hear. 

Edited by pioneer42

I agree AA is too competitive to call this far away. This state tournament was phenomenal Even though most people didn't like the draws. 

I hope GC is back next year! Not familiar enough with their underclassmen to know if someone can fill Turners spot defensively but I think Riding can pull up offensively big time. 

Westview and Huntingdon should both be in as well. Just an easier route for WV