What happened in AA???

I noticed one of the girls from York walking out of the arena was having to hold on to two people while trying walk. Anyone know if she’s okay?? i want to say it was the other guard that ran the point some with Beaty. #35 maybe?

7 hours ago, wtnbballfan said:

I agree AA is too competitive to call this far away. This state tournament was phenomenal Even though most people didn't like the draws. 

I hope GC is back next year! Not familiar enough with their underclassmen to know if someone can fill Turners spot defensively but I think Riding can pull up offensively big time. 

Westview and Huntingdon should both be in as well. Just an easier route for WV

We lost three seniors this year everyone else is coming back, Ashlee will be back healthy and more good freshmen shooters coming next season along with a big post player. Ashlee is slated to be just as good as Jada if not better.

On 3/10/2024 at 12:45 AM, westtn12 said:

I thought it was all but set that McMinn and Gatlinburg Pittman were in the championship… I heard that before the tournament even started?? Did I miss something?? Looks like neither of them were.. and looks like the two teams that were in it were counted out. I guess ball don’t lie. 

I think it was said multiple times that this class was wide open and the strongest field of all the classes.  While McMinn and GP were picked as favorites by myself and several others,  I don’t think anyone was betting the house on them.  Nor was anyone saying the west had no chance.   And this class lived up to the hype.  Great games from beginning to end.  There were no easy games or easy path to the Gold ball.  So many great performances and endings of games.  I really enjoyed this years AA tourney.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wtnbballfan said:

I agree AA is too competitive to call this far away. This state tournament was phenomenal Even though most people didn't like the draws. 

I hope GC is back next year! Not familiar enough with their underclassmen to know if someone can fill Turners spot defensively but I think Riding can pull up offensively big time. 

Westview and Huntingdon should both be in as well. Just an easier route for WV

Dealing with Riding will be tough for anyone. When her and the Loretto player was going after the 50/50 ball with about 2 minutes left, I knew she would win the battle. Gibson County will be good again next year if we all stay healthy. We will have about 3 I think from Jr. High including Jada Hart along with our 5 that didn't start. Losing Turner and Micah will be really hard as both were two of the better one's in the state with Turner on defense and Micah on offense. Turner was another PG too. Micah should win Miss Basketball, IMO. She is the all time leader in points at Gibson County. Her rebounding, steals and assists are off the charts too. Westview and Huntingdon will be good as well. Losing the PG from Westview really hurt them. She is the real deal. Hope she  gets healed up quick. I hear they got some more immediate help on the way. Huntingdon is losing Kee and Singleton I know of but they have a great Jr. High I hear with lots of help on the way. 

On 3/10/2024 at 1:45 AM, westtn12 said:

I thought it was all but set that McMinn and Gatlinburg Pittman were in the championship… I heard that before the tournament even started?? Did I miss something?? Looks like neither of them were.. and looks like the two teams that were in it were counted out. I guess ball don’t lie. 

This isn't the first time Central coach Morgan has taken a very talented team to state and not come home with the gold ball. In 46 years he's won 1 gold ball and something like 6 silver balls. Being state runnerup last year with all the players returning and adding a great freshman this year, Central shouldn't have lost in the first round to a team with no seniors. He's a good coach no doubt, but..... 

36 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I think it was said multiple times that this class was wide open and the strongest field of all the classes.  While McMinn and GP were picked as favorites by myself and several others,  I don’t think anyone was betting the house on them.  Nor was anyone saying the west had no chance.   And this class lived up to the hype.  Great games from beginning to end.  There were no easy games or easy path to the Gold ball.  So many great performances and endings of games.  I really enjoyed this years AA tourney.

I had rather be 3-5 in state heading up there. I wouldn't want to be the favorites. York will be the favorite next year with everyone returning.  AA was a great Tournament with all the games single digits but one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

This isn't the first time Central coach Morgan has taken a very talented team to state and not come home with the gold ball. In 46 years he's won 1 gold ball and something like 6 silver balls. Being state runnerup last year with all the players returning and adding a great freshman this year, Central shouldn't have lost in the first round to a team with no seniors. He's a good coach no doubt, but..... 

Hindsite is always 20/20. Great man to man coaches believe in their defense but sometimes you may have to mix it up. Thought McMinn couldn't guard Beaty and it cost them. Just think York did a good job of creating Beaty space and 1 on 1 which she will win all day. Just like Micah Hart. You don't want to guard her 1 on 1. Johnny is a good coach. McMinn will be back. Always are. Still got solid players coming back. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Dealing with Riding will be tough for anyone. When her and the Loretto player was going after the 50/50 ball with about 2 minutes left, I knew she would win the battle. Gibson County will be good again next year if we all stay healthy. We will have about 3 I think from Jr. High including Jada Hart along with our 5 that didn't start. Losing Turner and Micah will be really hard as both were two of the better one's in the state with Turner on defense and Micah on offense. Turner was another PG too. Micah should win Miss Basketball, IMO. She is the all time leader in points at Gibson County. Her rebounding, steals and assists are off the charts too. Westview and Huntingdon will be good as well. Losing the PG from Westview really hurt them. She is the real deal. Hope she  gets healed up quick. I hear they got some more immediate help on the way. Huntingdon is losing Kee and Singleton I know of but they have a great Jr. High I hear with lots of help on the way. 

I think Gibson Co will miss Micah more than they realize both offensively and defensively. They will also really miss Turner. I'm not sure any from the Jr. High will be ready to contribute any next year except maybe Hart (I feel like her sisters were a little more aggressive/advanced that she is at this point). The game I saw them play against Martin this year at Martin, Martin won by 20+ and that was because subs were put in or it would have been uglier. Maybe they have improved though. Huntingdon will still be good but I think they will really miss Kee and Singleton as well. Westview getting the point guard back and only losing Alexander from state I think will still be good if not even better than this year.

9 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I think Gibson Co will miss Micah more than they realize both offensively and defensively. They will also really miss Turner. I'm not sure any from the Jr. High will be ready to contribute any next year except maybe Hart (I feel like her sisters were a little more aggressive/advanced that she is at this point). The game I saw them play against Martin this year at Martin, Martin won by 20+ and that was because subs were put in or it would have been uglier. Maybe they have improved though. Huntingdon will still be good but I think they will really miss Kee and Singleton as well. Westview getting the point guard back and only losing Alexander from state I think will still be good if not even better than this year.

Westview will be good next year, but I think people are underestimating how important Alexander has been to this team for the last couple years.  She was Westview's best player this year.  Losing her will have a major impact

16 minutes ago, maddams said:

Westview will be good next year, but I think people are underestimating how important Alexander has been to this team for the last couple years.  She was Westview's best player this year.  Losing her will have a major impact

With the progression of Evans (the post) during the year, to me..WV will be more dangerous next year with their PG coming back to full strength. It seems their offensive identity starts and finishes with a true PG and their sets. They've been blessed with having outside bombers during their run and I imagine they'll still be able to come up with 2-3 outside shooters on the floor. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I am basically counting numbers they will have coming up from Jr. High. But you're right. Lot of work to do. We have 5 girls that were on JV to take up 2 spots that were awesome players, but our JV has worked hard and will have to step up now that it is their turn to get going. Silver Lining for Westview with the PG is she will be in the gym on her own time a bunch rehabbing and great opportunity to get others in gym joining her. Night she got hurt Gibson County on three different occasions were leading and looking like before half they could take control and she hit money shots. She is a player for sure. 

Edited by pioneer42

24 minutes ago, maddams said:

Not downplaying her at all, but Sims led that team this year with the point guard out. Alexander could have 5 points and Westview still win. If Sims had less than 10 points, then they struggled. Alexander was more of a spot shooter and drove it occasionally. Sims was their leading scorer so I'm not sure you can say that Alexander was their best player. They will definitely miss her sharp shooting next year though and will need someone to fill it