Congratulations to Micah Hart and to Gibson County

33 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

What a season it has been and Micah Hart just won Miss Basketball. So very thankful and blessed. All 3 are ballers that were nominated. Very thankful. So proud of her and all the team. So thankful and blessed. 

Congrats Pioneer it’s been a long time coming for GC girls basketball to be back on top! To get a miss basketball as well as another gold ball is a heck of a year, enjoy it and congratulations to Hart she’s got a bright future! 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

I have a question. How did the Dyersburg girl not get nominated for Mrs Basketball?

You must be talking about Crawford. She has been hurt a lot this year. Guess  that at is why. She put up 24 against us in our gym as a Freshman. Savannah Davis was hurt first half of the year last year and didn't get nominated either for Mckenzie. Dyersburg has a lot of talent over there and in Junior High. Y'all looked good too. Y'all had a good Tournament. Dyersburg, South Side and Upperman will be the three favorites next year, IMO. I would say either of y'all could win it in AAA. Dyersburg and South Side are very young. 

Edited by pioneer42

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You must be talking about Crawford. She has been hurt a lot this year. Guess  that at is why. She put up 24 against us in our gym as a Freshman. Savannah Davis was hurt first half of the year last year and didn't get nominated either for Mckenzie. Dyersburg has a lot of talent over there and in Junior High. Y'all looked good too. Y'all had a good Tournament. Dyersburg, South Side and Upperman will be the three favorites next year, IMO. I would say either of y'all could win it in AAA. Dyersburg and South Side are very young. 

I firmly believe if Savanna didn’t get hurt last year, she would have won it.

14 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

That makes sense. Many players could have deservingly won the award.  Congratulations to all the winners.

48 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Congrats Pioneer it’s been a long time coming for GC girls basketball to be back on top! To get a miss basketball as well as another gold ball is a heck of a year, enjoy it and congratulations to Hart she’s got a bright future! 

We are very blessed and thankful. We won it in 2019, we were in Final Four in 2020 and got sent home with Covid, lost on last second shot in 2021 to North Green in Final Eight, lost to York by 4 in 2022 in Final Eight, lost to McMinn Central last year by 8 in Final Four. Won it this year. So I feel like it is a blessing to get to state and see what happens. I knew we had a great defense this year and had a chance but also knew how tough the field was. Very blessed. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, THE KING said:

Lots of deserving players but Reese would've got my vote.  That is one sick player.  I was really impressed the couple times I watched her.

Sick because she didn't win it??  Or sick good player?? We haven't had any luck with Miss Basketball Awatds in the past. Heather Butler went 70-1 with back to back Titles in 2009 and 2010 in AA and got looked over. She is the all time leading scorer in the OVC with 2700 points and didn't win it. Reese is a player. Either one from the East could have won it. About Micah you might not know. She is the all time leading scorer at Gibson County High School, she won all state all four years, her numbers are against really good competition, she just has been a beast for four years, rebounding, steals, 3 point shots, jump shots off of the dribble. Bet you could ask Loretto, Summertown, South Gibson, Westview Peabody.....what player are you ready to graduate?? Micah's name would be in there a bunch. Like Jada Harrison last year. She was very hard to deal with. But anyway, good to meet you at the Glass House. Good luck to your team and your girls. Keep battling and working every day. 

Edited by pioneer42

4 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Lots of deserving players but Reese would've got my vote.  That is one sick player.  I was really impressed the couple times I watched her.

Sick because she didn't win it??  Or sick good player?? We haven't had any luck with Miss Basketball Awatds in the past. Heather Butler went 70-1 with back to back Titles in 2009 and 2010 in AA and got looked over. She is the all time leading scorer in the OVC with 2700 points and didn't win it. Reese is a player. Either won from the East could have won it. About Micah you might not know. She is the all time leading scorer at Gibson County High School, she won all state all four years, her numbers are against really good competition, she just has been a beast for four years, rebounding, steals, 3 point shots, jump shots off of the dribble. Bet you could ask Loretto, Summertown, South Gibson, Westview Peabody.....what player are you ready to graduate?? Micah's name would be in there a bunch. Like Jada Harrison last year. She was very hard to deal with. But anyway, good to meet you at the Glass House. Good luck to your team and your girls. Keep battling and working every day. 

3 hours ago, crow6424 said:

I have a question. How did the Dyersburg girl not get nominated for Mrs Basketball?

Snubbed. She was snubbed.

As far as the injury, she missed one game due to her injury before the finalists were announced. According to a Tennessean article calling out her lack of being named a Finalist she was averaging 20.6 points per game at the time, an increase from the 16.6 she was averaging on the promo getting her name out. At the time, Dburg was 20-3, ranked fifth in the state, and had losses to reigning Ohio champion Princeton and a pair of losses to Huntingdon (2A Quarterfinalist that lost to the champ) and Bartlett (4A Finalist). Their resume also included a win over USJ.  I don’t know what else she could’ve done to be included in the conversation. For what it’s worth, none of the finalists in 3A played in Murfreesboro. When she wasn’t named a finalist I told her to use it as motivation. She went on to overcome an injury, took district MVP, all-region tourney, state tourney MVP, and a gold ball. 

But then again, Dburg had a football player not included in the 2023 Mr. Football finalists despite a pair of head to head wins against a player that was named as a finalist. 

Edited by tennesseeannouncer
Typo