State at MTSU vs Tn Tech

attila

4 minutes ago, attila said:

Which venue would be better as a host? Both good arenas centrally located, Tech’s gym looks better and more updated than MTSU when watching the D-2 tourney a couple weeks ago.

Glass House is a great venue. More centrally located. Already got teams and fans having to drive 4-5 hours to Cookeville for football. Got to make it fair for everyone. Nothing wrong with MTSU. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Glass House is a great venue. More centrally located. Already got teams and fans having to drive 4-5 hours to Cookeville for football. Got to make it fair for everyone. Nothing wrong with MTSU. 

Football is in Chattanooga.  From talking to Gatlinburg Pittman fans they said it was a 4 hr drive for them to MTSU. I do wish  MTSU would do some updating. 

Edited by option76

30 minutes ago, option76 said:

Football is in Chattanooga.  From talking to Gatlinburg Pittman fans they said it was a 4 hr drive for them to MTSU. I do wish  MTSU would do some updating. 

They're riding golf carts if it takes them four hours...I'm between 4 and 4-1/2 from Gatlinburg to the west, yet I'm 2+hours from Murfreesboro. Doesn't add up.

Regardless...Murfreesboro is the geographical center of Tennessee, can't get more equal than that.

4 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

They're riding golf carts if it takes them four hours...I'm between 4 and 4-1/2 from Gatlinburg to the west, yet I'm 2+hours from Murfreesboro. Doesn't add up.

Regardless...Murfreesboro is the geographical center of Tennessee, can't get more equal than that.

I like MTSU just wish they would do some updates.  And I would think 4 hrs is close.  It’s 2 hrs to Gatlinburg from Jamestown and 2 hrs to Murfreesboro too.  I wish football was back in Murfreesboro.  

For a much better walk up crowd the tournament should be moved to Lipscomb University or Belmont University.  Personally I would look into moving the tournament to Municipal Auditorium in Nashville but you always get the “it’s too expensive to park” from some people.  It’s interesting that those same people couldn’t care less about paying to park when they show up to party in downtown Nashville on the weekends.

41 minutes ago, cbg said:

For a much better walk up crowd the tournament should be moved to Lipscomb University or Belmont University.  Personally I would look into moving the tournament to Municipal Auditorium in Nashville but you always get the “it’s too expensive to park” from some people.  It’s interesting that those same people couldn’t care less about paying to park when they show up to party in downtown Nashville on the weekends.

Be a nightmare for parking. Why would anyone gripe about MTSU?? Perfect venue. Got good parking. Great hotels, restaurants....etc...don't understand it. 

48 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Be a nightmare for parking. Why would anyone gripe about MTSU?? Perfect venue. Got good parking. Great hotels, restaurants....etc...don't understand it. 

The walk up crowd in Nashville would add between 25% and 50% to the attendance

Let's call it like it is. The Glass House is a dated disgusting mess. It takes 15 minutes to walk to the bathroom because your feet get stuck at every step. Nobody empties the garbages, half the snack bar people look high. Tech is a much cleaner, comfortable facility. Move it.

Edited by JustABlueFan
Missing word :)
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JustABlueFan said:

Let's call it like it is. The Glass House is a dated disgusting mess. It takes 15 minutes to walk to the bathroom because your feet get stuck at every step. Nobody empties the garbages, half the snack bar people look high. Tech is a much cleaner, comfortable facility. Move it.

TSSAA rents it right?? Why is it all on MTSU?? Shouldn't TSSAA make sure programs are printed and floors are cleaned between games and trash is taken out. I rent my houses. Not my responsibility to clean my renters mess. Let's call it like it is. 

Real question in my mind is why is everything in the middle part of the state.  Why doesn’t all state championship events rotate between East, West and Middle. Where is it fair that the middle Tennessee teams always get to play close to home. They should have to travel once every three years instead of East and West having to travel every year