Winds of Change Blowing in Trousdale.

2 hours ago, Wingback08 said:

Would you kindly provide further elucidation regarding the intricacies and nuances embedded within your statement?

10 hours ago, ghostofthepresent said:

Are you sure they weren't confused? Vetetoe has been into it with a cothron but it wasn't Davy..... 

tell them cothrons they can join the rest of the family in cross plains if they’d like.

23 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

tell them cothrons they can join the rest of the family in cross plains if they’d like.

In discerning evaluation, it is evident that the Cothrons embody commendable virtues, standing as exemplars of moral rectitude and societal conscientiousness.

On 5/22/2024 at 8:54 AM, Wingback08 said:

Fortuitously encountering Clint amidst the ambience of Goodyear this morning sparked an impromptu yet intellectually stimulating conversation, wherein we engaged in a rigorous assessment of prospective candidates for the esteemed role of head football coach. Our discourse, characterized by its spontaneity and depth, led to the formulation of astute observations and discerning judgments regarding the suitability of various individuals for this pivotal position. Allow me to elucidate the fruits of our collaborative contemplation:

This commentary endeavors to offer a discerning articulation of my subjective viewpoint, emphasizing a conscientious commitment to maintaining impartiality and refraining from any semblance of derogation directed towards individuals. 

Those who possess meritorious qualifications for the esteemed head coaching role, delineated without hierarchical precedence, include:

Rennard Woodmore, an esteemed alumnus of the Yellow Jackets, presents a magnificent pedigree, having held prominent positions in head coaching capacities across various regions. His pivotal role as a coordinator for teams contending for state championships further enhances his stature in the realm of football leadership.

Kyle Gregory, erstwhile adorned in the resplendent gold insignia, though lacking direct head coaching experience, brings to the fore his invaluable insights garnered as a coordinator for esteemed teams, showcasing an acute understanding of the requisites for triumph whilst attired in the esteemed purple and gold regalia.

Steven Jackson, whose contributions transcended mere clipboard duties under the tutelage of Kevin Creasy, emerges as an exceptional candidate for Trousdale County. His prior tenure and triumphs as an assistant coach underscore his suitability for the role. The sole drawback lies in his lack of affiliation with Trousdale County as an alumnus.

Brandon Eden's extensive tenure within the chronicles of Trousdale County football, spanning a significant portion of its State Championships, coupled with his successful stints as a coordinator across diverse locales, underscores his candidacy despite a dearth of direct head coaching experience at the high school level.

Davy Cothron, while beset by a modest playing career, has emerged as a luminary in offensive strategy, drawing parallels to the transformative appointment of Barker in 2015, thereby warranting consideration for his proven acumen in this realm.

Joshua Hackett, notwithstanding his non-alumnus status, has left an indelible imprint across Middle Tennessee, distinguished by his adept curation of formidable defensive units as a coordinator at Watertown, albeit without direct head coaching experience.

Kevin Creasy, the epitome of coaching prowess, merits an offer irrespective of his current inclinations, his unparalleled capacity to secure victories transcending geographical and institutional bounds, potentially extending to a role as Director of Schools should it align with his aspirations.

Conversely, individuals who have not demonstrably earned the mantle of head coaching, enumerated without sequential precedence, encompass:
Brad Waggoner
David Barker

Paul Pitts
Jeremy Pruitt
Clint Satterfield
Robbie Atwood
Wesley Satterfield
Ben Johnson

BJ West

Whom do you all deem most fitting to assume the mantle of the next coach, and what rationale informs your choice? Conversely, whom do you perceive as ill-suited for the role, and what underpins your reasoning for their exclusion?

Just to entertain you. From the list you threw out (some I have mentioned myself) here is my response.

I minimized the names that aren't realistic. 

2 names not minimized are also not realistic:

Jackson - His ties are true as he was once an an assistant but they end there. It's already been mentioned that he is at home in Gordy. He is having good success as well, so to think he would ditch Home to come to TC would lead one to think that the Tiger faithful are and/or Jackson himself are not happy with the situation. From the folks I know in that community, that is farther from the truth than not. 

Creasy - His ties are quite a bit deeper as he spent more time in Hartsville as an Asst then lead the Jackets to 3 Titles ('09, '09, & '13). His wife is also a TC alum and her family still resides in TC. With Nephews on the rise, could he return? Possible but with what he has built in the 'boro, plus his son's Sr. year looming, the chances of this happening are slim to none (more likely none). I have told some, I think the more likely route would be for him to explore Next Level opportunities following Kyler's graduation. 

The remaining of the list are all potentials and some are confirmed applicants. All but Hackett have been apart of the TC program in one capacity or another (player and/or coach) during their life. 

Some have mentioned Shoulders as well. My personal opinion is that he will stay home and continue to enjoy running up the score on the Jackets while he can unless he could bring some of that talent with him down the hill. I have to believe that if that happened, Kyle wouldnt ever be able to show his face again within the County. 

1 minute ago, BCB~MVP said:

Just to entertain you. From the list you threw out (some I have mentioned myself) here is my response.

Jackson - His ties are true as he was once an an assistant but they end there. It's already been mentioned that he is at home in Gordy. He is having good success as well, so to think he would ditch Home to come to TC would lead one to think that the Tiger faithful are and/or Jackson himself are not happy with the situation. From the folks I know in that community, that is farther from the truth than not. 

Creasy - His ties are quite a bit deeper as he spent more time in Hartsville as an Asst then lead the Jackets to 3 Titles ('09, '09, & '13). His wife is also a TC alum and her family still resides in TC. With Nephews on the rise, could he return? Possible but with what he has built in the 'boro, plus his son's Sr. year looming, the chances of this happening are slim to none (more likely none). I have told some, I think the more likely route would be for him to explore Next Level opportunities following Kyler's graduation. 

The remaining of the list are all potentials and some are confirmed applicants. All but Hackett have been apart of the TC program in one capacity or another (player and/or coach) during their life. 

Some have mentioned Shoulders as well. My personal opinion is that he will stay home and continue to enjoy running up the score on the Jackets while he can unless he could bring some of that talent with him down the hill. I have to believe that if that happened, Kyle wouldnt ever be able to show his face again within the County. 

Good opinions. Them coaches there will never come to t c . I just hope shoulders doesn’t never leave us here at Macon. He works them kids hard and gets after it. I think at the end of day it will be Gregory, west, veto , maybe cothron I’ve always heard he has a good offensive mind? Wasn’t he the oc the year 18 when jackets made the run to state ?

43 minutes ago, wiz08 said:

Good opinions. Them coaches there will never come to t c . I just hope shoulders doesn’t never leave us here at Macon. He works them kids hard and gets after it. I think at the end of day it will be Gregory, west, veto , maybe cothron I’ve always heard he has a good offensive mind? Wasn’t he the oc the year 18 when jackets made the run to state ?

I personally dont think you have to worry about Kyle leaving for TC (not at this point with the state of the 2 programs). I could see a bigger school that throws money at him grabbing his attention but I know his roots run deep there so would be a tough sell.

You would be correct Davy. He has be apart of several staffs since he began his career and was the OC for the '18 run. 

Within the milieu of Hartsville, conjecture abounds regarding the purported resignation of the esteemed High School principal. Alas, this development marks the second departure within a week's span of individuals whose profound dedication to the community was unmistakable, ostensibly influenced by decisions made by members of the school board. Such occurrences prompt sober reflection upon the prevailing state of affairs within Trousdale County, underscoring the melancholic sentiment pervading these times.

Presently, we find ourselves confronted with the pressing task of securing replacements for both the pivotal roles of head football coach and principal, in accordance with that specified sequence. This necessitates a thorough and discerning search process to identify candidates who possess the requisite expertise, leadership acumen, and alignment with the ethos of our educational institution and athletic program.

3 hours ago, Wingback08 said:

Within the milieu of Hartsville, conjecture abounds regarding the purported resignation of the esteemed High School principal. Alas, this development marks the second departure within a week's span of individuals whose profound dedication to the community was unmistakable, ostensibly influenced by decisions made by members of the school board. Such occurrences prompt sober reflection upon the prevailing state of affairs within Trousdale County, underscoring the melancholic sentiment pervading these times.

Presently, we find ourselves confronted with the pressing task of securing replacements for both the pivotal roles of head football coach and principal, in accordance with that specified sequence. This necessitates a thorough and discerning search process to identify candidates who possess the requisite expertise, leadership acumen, and alignment with the ethos of our educational institution and athletic program.

Wouldn't the easiest move be to move McCall up to HS Principal and have Gulley take over as MS Principal? 

17 minutes ago, tcjacket13 said:

Wouldn't the easiest move be to move McCall up to HS Principal and have Gulley take over as MS Principal? 

The inscrutable intentions of the school board members remain elusive, as their actions appear to be driven solely by self-interest rather than a genuine concern for the welfare of the community. Would it be prudent to delve deeper into this matter?

22 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

I know u said it more than likely it won't happen in your post but I know several in the sweat bee county that likes to bet.

i'll take them all day everyday that Macon's coach will not leave to go to TC he had rather beat them on the scoreboard.

my,my how times haved changed and history is in the makings this year.

I would also bet TC drops Macon in the next couple of years.

Dr. Satterfield added, “Blake has done a great job for us as a classroom teacher and as both a softball and football coach during his time in Trousdale County. His positive influence on students will be impactful upon our community for many years to come. Although I will miss him on the sideline in fall, I wish him the best in the future.”

At this time, Coach Kyle Gregory has been asked to be the acting head coach in Trousdale County.

On 5/24/2024 at 12:22 PM, tcjacket13 said:

That is exactly what has happened. Only administrator opening at this time is Middle School Assistant Principal