Micheal Dodgen at Smith Co.?

FabulousFreebird

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is his mother. Michael is spelled M-i-c-h-a-e-l. If your going to talk about my son you need to spell his name right.

Yes,I certainly hope he has the sense to return to East Tennessee,particulary the Knoxville area. Michael has a lot of desire and exceptional work ethic.

I have been given the duty to inform you that we are NOT returning your son to East Tennessee...We're keeping him here in Smith County...We will work with you to devise an agreeable visitation schedule...and we will always welcome you to Smith County...but...he's one of ours now...

You should be very proud of him...I won't really get to see him coach til Softball season...cause I just don't do basketball... although I have promised to attend one away game...but I've seen the heart of your son...and it's a good one...pat yourself on the back...you've done a good job with him...We'll take care of him for you...

Hey, can Mikey come out to play? Do you not like your son being in Middle Tennessee. It would seem to me if he wants to coach girls basketball, this is exactly where he should be.

I hope he has the good sense to stay here. I've been to East Tennessee and Knoxville, and unless Pat is retiring soon there is no way to compare basketball competition between the two for a coach.

I have seen him coach, and he took a very talented boys Middle school basketball team and flushed them right down the toilet. I sure hope he does better with girls. Probably one of the most talented teams in Knoxville, but could not win with them. He was out coached by coaches that could not coach Jr. Pr. I do understand he was the manager for a decent college basketball program. Maybe he learned something there. Like throwing in the towell. I do agree one should show positive emotion and stay in the game, but be professional about it. He looked like a goofball when he was coaching in Knoxville. Until his dad wins State Championships year in and year out or at least wins something, Im not sure why you think he is so great.

Guest shooter44

To whom ever posted this message obviously you have never played a real sport before because anyone knows that if the coach is intense on the sidelines the players are going to feed off of that and play even harder than they were! And as for the raising of the arms to the crowd that is to get them excited and invovled and to cheer the young ladies on to victory!!! Michael is very passionate about his team the loves the game of basketball that's why it may look odd to you the things he does on the sidelines. So unless you have met Michael then you will never truely know who he is and what he is all about!!!!!

From Brianne Dodgen (yes that's right his sister, and a former player of his)

Guest snagglepus

Actually, shooter 44

4A has played a lot of sports, probably one of the best athletes I have ever seen.

He even played for the University of Tennessee football team! So, don't make statements about things you don't know. Your brother knows quite a bit about the game, but he really needs to grow up on the bench.

He is just hurting himself! A lot of your fans think this is neat, but that shows their intelligence.

Please don't insult the intelligence of people you don't know...

Since Coach Dodgen has come to Smith County...there has been a new level of excitement about girl's basketball...about the athletes themselves...No one has expected Coach Dodgen to come in and take the program to the State Tournament in his first year...Frankly, I don't care if they win another game this year...I've seen these athletes go from looking unhappy and sad...to looking forward to going to practice...to playing in games...whether they win or lose...and that's what's important...that they are getting excited about their sport...

I went to the first away basketball game I've been to in 13 years...last night...The Owlettes took a pounding...Coach Dodgen had a time out...and he fired those girls up...he didn't yell at them about mistakes they were making...he didn't tell them that they weren't good enough to compete...he told them to get out there and to do their best...to do everything better than before...and do you know what?...They did...still fell short...but you could see the fire in them...and he gave them that fire without belittling them...

People say that he's immature...that his antics on the bench are silly...I can only tell you that from watching him last night...that he's an involved coach...that he truly believes in his athletes...and expects the best from them...and they know that...and respond accordingly...

I've seen him in his classroom...with students of all abilities and disabilities...and the only comment I have about his teaching style...is Thank God we have him...and I hope there are a bunch more of these immature, silly men willing to go into the teaching/coaching profession...

I know that he is intense about the game, but alot of his antics are acting. If it were natural I would understand. I have met him and spoke with him on many occasions. I will change my thoughts on him when he wins a division title with the players he has coached for several years. The team I saw him coach could have been coached by any Jr Pro Coach and been successfull. He was not successful with this extremely talented baskeball team. He showed no signs of coaching ability. Maybe it his immaturity, or that he does not know better. I really enjoy an intense coach and it makes the game better, but his actions are thought up a head of time they are not spontaneous. Once again when he does something in the books I'll be the first to congradulate him. Did he play ball any where? Did porky even play ball in High School, Middle School , Jr. Pro. You don't have to have played to be a great coach, but it does help. When he does something to show how good of a coach he is I'll will cheer him on. By the way Ms. Dodgen what type of Baskeball did he coach you in. I was just wondering if you would tell the rest of the crowd here.