Micheal Dodgen at Smith Co.?

FabulousFreebird

Guest snagglepus

queenwasp,

IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE YOUR THAT BIG OF A FAN IF YOU HAVE NOT ATTENDED A BB AWAY GAME IN 13 YEARS, PRETTY COMMITTED I SEE. SECOND, THAT FIRE THAT'S BURNING IN THESE GIRLS WILL SOON FIZZLE OUT BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LOSE. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, YOU WILL NEVER WIN ANY STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS AND YOU CAN KEEP HIM IN SMITH CO. UNTIL THE COWS COME HOME, HE IS NOT A HOT COMMODITY. THE ONLY REASON HE IS GETTING ANY ATTENTION IS BECAUSE OF HIS BEHAVIOUR AND SILLY ANTICS.

ALL I'M SAYING IS HE REPRESENTS YOUR TOWN AND STUDENTS!!!!!!!!!!!! PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the world could a coach anticipate his reaction to a play...that in no way in advance could he know was going to occur???...If he was that psychic...he'd either have an 1-900-Call The Coach line...to foretell the success of teams... or he would win every single game he ever coached!!!...

4afan...sounds like you have a case of sour grapes...did someone get something you wanted???...Take your ball and go home...

The coach you all had before you got dodgen must have been an absolute moron. That's the only explanation I can think of to explain all this hype about Micheal. I couldn't agree more with snaggle and 4a about his abilities. Coaching with emotion is only effective if you pick and choose your moments and if it's sincere. I'm not sure dodgens so called emotion falls into either of these categories. The sideshow he creates is great for the fans right now because his team is competing, but it will grow old quickly once his team fizzles.

Billygoat can I ask you a simple question? Have you been to a Smith County game yet this year? If you have are the playing better than last year? Do they play harder than they did last year? I think the excitement about him and this program is that he cares about the game of basketball, he knows the game of basketball, he has learned a lot about basketball from some very good coaches along the. No there may not be any state championships won at Smith County in girls basketball but they will be better than they have been in the last couple of years. Give the guy credit whree credit is due he enjoys his job and he works very hard at what he does.

I have not been to a Smith County game and don't plan to. Nothing against Smith Co. I just don't have the hipe that you all do for Your Coach. I have never had sour grapes over anything Dodgen did. He is just not the coach you all think he is. Can you tell me what great coaches he played for,who his great mentors are they he learned this vast amount of basketball from. Where has all this success you say he's had happened at. Michael is not a bad person I'm not saying that. He is good actor for the first part of the season, but don't hold your breath. I take that back Queenbee please hold your breath.

I will have to say that the Whittle Springs Basketball team last year played very well in my judgement. The were very athletic and played hard, that school set a school record in wins last year when Coach Dodgen coached there. Yes, Michael has played basketball before, he played at Gatlinburg-Pittman and then went on to Tech where he was a student assistant for a couple of years under Coach Worrell, he also has coached numerous AAU Teams with the Tennessee Stars organzation, and has done well there working with great coaches such as Lesley Smith at Livingston and Lynn Burkey who is the assistant at Farragut High School. 4A Fan I don't know you don't want to know you at all but the name calling and other things are uncalled for because unless Michael did something to you I don't understand. All he does is work hard and care about his kids and do the best possible job that he can do all the time that he does something, he loves his job and works hard all the time. What Queen bee said is true there is know way that SCHS will win championships this year but they are getting better each day of the week and playing wit a lot of confidence and that says a lot about him, I would love to see 4A Fan come on up and coach this team and lets get on here and judge your performance night in and night out, it is easy to sit at a computer and say how stupid, dumb, or whatever comments you want to use about him behind a computer desk, and if some of the posts are true about you, did you not play football at UT? If the people at SCHS are proud of him so be it, I don't think you being in Knoxville has anything to do with SCHS and if bashing Michael makes you feel better go ahead and do that, but he has done a good job here.

ukhoops, you sound an awful lot like dodgen. interesting. By the way, Whittle Springs had more talent last year than they've ever had and , while they may have set a record for wins, how far did they advance in the tournament? They peaked after beating Vine very early in the season. I personally saw them get hammered by a less-talented South Doyle team. On top of that, he had players who were absolutely out of control and he did nothing to instill any discipline. I bet his hero is Jerry Green.

Guest shooter44

Well most coaches start out in the middle school and then move up to the highschool level, but obivously you didn't know this!!!! And if he wasn't qualified then Smith Co. Highschool would not have hired him!!!!! He has been coaching for a long time even when he was in college!!!

Guest shooter44

Coach Dodgen is a great coach and has always loved the game ever since he was a child, he has always been a very intense and vocal person even when he played in highschool!!! Personally speaking as a basketball player a coach that jumps up and down and gets the crowd involved is a plus in my book would you rather him just sit and not coach the young ladies and invovle the fans of Smith Co.???? Just give him time he will have the girls program turned around in no time they are a young team you have to remember!!!

From: Brianne Dodgen ( his sister and a former player of his)

Guest shooter44

To 4afan

Well he played for his father in highschool you know Coach Donald Dodgen that is now at Farragut Highschool. Now here's alittle history lesson of Coach D. Dodgen He is considered one of the best coaches in Tn. Once was the best player in Tn. when he played in highschool at Gatlinburg Pittman still has records until this day that have not been broken!!!! Coach Michael Dodgen has learned from the best and will be successful give him time!!!!