Micheal Dodgen at Smith Co.?

FabulousFreebird

Posted by UncleStimpy:

I compare it to the same thing commentators say about guys that dance after touchdowns. Act like you've been there before. I think he has the potential to be a very good coach, but antics like last night will come back to haunt him somewhere down the road. He should take a few lessons about professionalism from the boy's coach at SC.

I think the best advice for you is to worry about YOUR team and YOUR coach. We'll take care of ours. I've seen your coach get pretty antimated too. But hey, like I said before, I don't see anything wrong with that.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twan, don't think anything of what he is saying. They hand out those rose colored spectacles every year by the hundreds. The only reason Stimpy would compliment Mr. Sanders is he is from Gordonsville. Reckon they know he has been converted. Black and Gold all the way. Maybe next year Stimpy, but then again.....................MAYBE NOT. :D

Guest Lowdown

Being around Smith County for along time now, over 50 years, I feel that I have the liberty to comment on this subject. I have watched alot of girls bb games. This is the first time in years that I can remeber the crowd actually being involved in the game. The parents have always been involved, but even the students are asking about the girls, and the coach. If Coach Dodgen can keep the girls playing hard and people in the seats, then he can pump up the crowd at any time. He did nothing wrong in that aspect of the game. I will say that the little shimmy should be put aside, but I do realize that he was into the game. It was fun to watch both games. I will now make plans to go see both games instead of just making sure that I get there for the boys game.

Coach keep up the good work, and I wish you the best. Your assistant holds a special place in our SC heart, you picked a good one.

If shimming is the worst thing that ever happened at a ballgame...

Get over it it is basketball competition, if you don't like it take your kids and yourself to Junior Pro and go live in your soccer mom houses. Good Lord.

Personally a coach that is going crazy on the sideline is great he keeps interest in the game and evidently keeping the folks there in Smith Co. interested in their Ladyies basketball program.

I don't care what he did before, during or after the game. He is a young coach who loves to win. He gets completely involved in the game and I think that is great. Coach has been a good thing for a program which was on the down slid. He gives the team and fans a shoot of emotion and along with Collin's help I think they will win and win big one day. I know at Gville someone yelled "Sit down fatboy". I just hope Coach keeps having fun.

Guest h0sepipe

Dodgen is a great addition to the girls team. They are an awesome team, yet young. Give this team two years, and they will be rolling with the best. Right now they are unbelievable at almost winning. It kills me at the games how close they get. The gordonsville game was a good showing of how Coach Dodgen can bring his team together for some good decisions. They came back, and beat a very good girls team. Dodgen also knows how to get the crowd up, and we have never been as pumped up about a girl's game since I've attended SCHS. Keep up the good work, coach.

I'm from gordonsville and I have to give credit to coach dodgen. Even though they have only won two games this season, they have both been against our girls from g-ville. It seemed like he was as fired up about beating us than about beating York. It's an intense rivalry that hasn't gone Carthage's way in a long time. If I was him, being the underdog and beating the intra-county rival TWICE in my first season would be better that winning any kind of tournament or any number of games.

that's true, I'm all about a good game also. But like stimpy said, it's kind of hard when the opposing coach is acting like a immature teenager. I agree that it was a big win, coming from behind and everything, but you need to learn to handle it with respect. Don't shout when the other team calls a timeout with 1 min left that "why did ya do that? We're gonna beat you anyway?" That is very disrespectful and immature. And from where I sat at the game,I can say that he DID actually say that.

Are you sure those words camoe out of his mouth. Because I am not sure of that statement at all and i am closer thatn any of you guys in the stands were to him. So before you make any comments or say things that were or were not said please have all the facts, I can tell you for sure those words never came out of Coach Dodgen's mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!