Micheal Dodgen at Smith Co.?

FabulousFreebird

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering what he had to work with and the level of the program he inherited, I would put him in the running for Coach of the Year. If he had a go to player, like just graduated or the ones that are developing, he and his very capable assistant would be battling for second place in district 7AA. One thing is for sure, they coach every second of every game like they are down 1 with 1 minute to play and I love that. Go Owlettes and your two fine coaches. As of right now, I hope this coaching combo stays this way for a good long while.

The assistant is a lawyer named Collins. He played back in the 80/90 era of boys state teams. Dodgen is a good coach, needs some time. The girls ( from what I've seen ) are talent heavy in the 9/10 classes, but need experience. The question is at what point do you start playing freshmen all the time even if it means losing in order to prepare for the future? Dodgen won't stay long if something opens up back east that's right for him, but this young group of girls can make some noise about two years from now. Dodgen is an idiot if he leaves before then.

We've got Dodger as long as his wife wants to stay near HER family...so don't go thinking that we'll be losing him anytime soon...He has plenty of ties in the Upper Cumberland area...and might even have more soon...so I think he'll be here another day or two...UNLESS...he wears blue to another gordansville game!!!....