This Year's Top Frosh

GovMan

Only time will tell ... and it's a big state with lots of good freshman playing ... but if there is a freshman girl anywhere in the state that is any better than Kate McMahan of Heritage High School, I'd sure like to see her play.

Kate is playing at an "all-state" rate and has been since her very first game this season. I'm not talking about "good for a freshman" ... I'm talking about "good for any class" ... she's a stud.

If she continues to develop and improve over the next four years, she might be the best to ever come out of Blount County and that's saying a lot!

GovMan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The top freshmen that are around Knoxville:

Kait McMahan is the best that I have seen in a while, she has it all. Others are Keke Steward(Oak Ridge), Natalie Monday (Farragut),Jazmine Wright (Carter), T, Marsh(AE) I have not been able to see Angie Wells this year but I saw her last year and I would love to see who is holding her down at Cleveland they must be outstanding players if Angie is not playing.

Gotta have heart----and who do you think that Wells should play in front of? Maybe Holly Rogers, an All-State candidate? Or maybe in front of Buckaloo who is about three times the size of Wells and can shoot from anywhere? Maybe she should start in front of Radar who plays the best defense I have seen? I agree that the girl is one awesome freshman, but with the girls in front of her it is hard for her to see quality PT. If she was at Walker Valley or Bradley, perhaps she would be on the court most of the time. I just don't see how you could play her in front of any of the three I just mentioned. She may be the second best Point guard in the county, but the first best also plays on her team.

[Edited by nick32 on 1-9-03 8:36A]

Just a comment on Cleveland's girls. Saw them Tuesday night. They're really good and really young. If not this year, then in the next year or two, they should be bound for Murfreesboro.

I loved watching Buckalew (sp?) play. What a stud. She can do it all, inside or out. Plus, her name is fun to say.

GovMan