Who won the Unaka at Hampton game last night?

etsportseditor

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last nights game was a good game. both teams played sloppy to begin with. However......the 2nd quarter , Unaka got their heads on straight and really played ball. The coaches;Coached , the boys listened, and PLAYED. and they played as a TEAM (remember that ?) and won as a TEAM !! Chambers and McInturff played one of the BEST games I have seen them play. Collins,Cline,McCann and Guess, GREAT ball handling and reading the floor. GREAT JOB GUYS !!!The big kid...Jones? I think, had a great game also. The other big kid , Holsclaw ? he came off the bench and played well. This is the kind of "game" these boys are capable of every time they hit the floor. The only senior they have ,Arnold , fouled out late in the game , only after playing a great game. No one gave up, everyone played to the 110% level , and just think..... these are all soph and juniors, and freshmen. How are they gonna do next year ??? and the next ?? Think about that Watauga Valley Conf. !!

CONGRADLATIONS RANGERS !!! YOU PLAYED GREAT !!!

Good Luck with Cosby !!!

wish I could be there.......

Guest dfenceahfence

I sorry but where oh where is the defense. The key to us getting our fannies kicked was when Ensor moved Chambers out front and he picked our defense to pieces. What made me so mad was he was pointing people where to go like a traffic cop and they were scoring at will. How many 3's does McInturff have to hit before we get a hand in his face. Our big men could not guard the Jones kid. Their point guard outplayed ours. Chambers if you let him score 20 and have a ton of assist you can expect to get beat. Lack of discipline is evident and the Dogs are their own worst enemy. Just think when the Elizabethton's, and Central's come to town what will take place. We have lots of size and dress 15 players. And no we shouldn't have won, we got outhustled in every phase of the game. My hats off to Coach Ensor. He made all the right moves in the second half last night. Frustrated

It is nice to hear that you have gone into coaching now. Imagine the Bulldogs not being able to replace Kevin Harrison. It would be like Unaka trying to replace Cody Collins and Derek Cline or Elizabethton trying to replace Walter Brown and Lester Bailey. Good guards like that just don't grow on trees. The Moss boy is doing a commendable job for the most part. Like all, he has his moments both good and bad. And as for the discipline, the players that have done this are sophomores and I agree that there is no excuse for it but they will learn after they get some pine time because of it. You can second guess all you want but I continue to support the Bulldogs and Coach Hazelwood in all that they do. If that's what kind of fan you are maybe you should look for another team.

For those of us who know Coach Hazelwood, he is a very good coach and friend. I know first hand his knowledge for the game is second to none. He has worked his tail off to get where he is and was put in a tough position. You give Buddy the talent that has been there in the last few years and he would have won too. Twine, you lost probably the top guard in this area in Kevin Harrison and yet the Dogs are playing their tails off. I respect Coach Hazelwood for the way he treats his players. He pats them on the back, chews them when he needs to but most important he is a friend and mentor to them. This is not to be taken for granted because it doesn't happen everywhere. Hampton will be good in the future and have some good young players coming up and could very well land some others. He has a very good junior high coach so the program will not be down for long.

Guest dfenceahfence

I thought Hampton played well last night after falling behind early in the first half. We cut it to 5 in the fourth quarter against a very good Central team. I can see hard work being put into this program and to Coach Hazelwood, great job.