D-B INDIANS RED HOT!!

ArtVandalay

D-B IS ON FIRE!. Real big win Friday night @ home against Science Hill 61-51, taking back Top Dog Status in Region 1.

Tonight D-B had another BIG WIN, , this one on the road in Roanoke VA against Defending AAA State Champs Cave Spring, 61-55. Cave Springs dropped down to AA this year, and is currently ranked 7th in the State of VA.

Indians played catch up for the entire game, trailing 31-24 at the half. But C MO had the Indians fired up and ready for the 2nd half. D-B cut into the lead and only trailed by 2, 38-36, going into the 4th quarter. D-B dominated the 4th and won the game going away by 6, 61-55.

D-B was led in balanced scoring by: Henry Williams 18 pts, Jarrod Wooten 14, Azmar Blye 14, and Seth Jervis 13. This is another big win, the Indians 9th straight.

Next week schedule

Tue @ Tenn High

Wed @ Daniel Boone

Friday home vs Jefferson County.

Lets get behind this team Indian Fans, we could have something special here.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Giddy Up! :)

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 1-25-03 11:38P]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the big win, but you guys haven't taken back the 'Top Dog' monicker in the district with only the second win in 28 games over SH. When you fellas lock horns in the District tournament, then you can say that with more behind it.

BTW, Azmar Blye might want to keep bulletin board material to a minimum...

Your living in the past. I am living in the here and now!!

No way SH beats D-B, not this team. D-B gave away the 1st meeting this year, it won't happen again. D-B has learned how to be a "team", and they are looking better and better every time out. D-B withstood the SH 4th qtr run, and then poured it on. I see confidence in the D-B players, allot of it. beating Cave Spring in Roanoke Saturday night proved that this team is ready for tourny time. I don't see the same thing with the SH players. It's not going to be any different in the District. I can't wait to watch the Indians vs. Toppers again. I hope we play 2 more times, District and Region, cause - forget about it, D-B wins. D-B is senior loaded and they can all play.

As for Azmar yacking it up..... good for him, he is very confident, along with the rest of the team. But, I do agree with you, keep quiet and play your game, no need to help out your competition.

Giddy up!!

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 1-27-03 2:09P]

I agree KevB...I saw the quote in the Kingsport paper...

"I knew we could beat Science Hill," Blye said. "We handed the last game to them, but we had more heart this time. We sent them home with a loss - bye-bye."

If I know the toppers, they have that posted in the locker room and use it everyday for motivation. My bet is that Science Hill wins the rest of the meetings this year. It doesn't matter where they are played, they could play the game in Charlie Morgan's driveway and The hill would still come out on top.

Thanks Azmar Blye, you made my picks easy.

If this was a good SH team, maybe you worry about something like that, it's not, and this D-B team is so much better than the Toppers, no worry at all.

You got no clue and your lying to yourself if you think SH can play with the Indians!!

Face it Topper fans, IT'S OVER!! I guess you were one of the 1,500 leaving the Dome early Friday night??

LOL, that was sa weet.

Roll Tribe Roll!!

;)

Hey Art you seem like a cool guy,but I have to agree with Kev and UNC. Only the 2nd win in 28 games...that says A LOT. It says that this is a much better DB team than the past few years but that SH are still the "Kings of the East." If DB was so much better than than SH they would've been able to put them away that first game and they would've beat them by more than 10 friday night. SH had that game close the whole way except for the 4th quarter. I don't think I would say DB is way better than SH because we all know that's not a valid statement. DB has a slight edge over SH right now, but we're talking a VERY slight edge. And DB is nowhere near good enough to hang with teams from West TN. This is a much improved DB team but that's it. This DB team is very experienced, but they will have trouble next year and if they make it farther this year. They're losing a lot of guys and I see this as a 1 year deal for DB. I'm glad the Indians fans are enjoying it. This is a down year at "The Hill" and we all know that and it's scary that this is considered a down year and they're still right there at the top with some others. I will hand it to the DB program because they are much better then they've been recently, but as improved as they are I don't see them getting very far. The fact is that they will meet up with SH again and it will be another close battle and it's a toss up over who will come out on top.

Really? Toss up. OK, we will go with that.

Now, this is a Board for DB INDIANS RED HOT>

DB is RED HOT

9 STRAIGHT WINS, #10 coming in Bristol on Tue, #11 coming in Gray against Boone on Wed. #12 coming Friday @ home against Jeff County.

BEAT GREENEVILLE ON THE ROAD, play them next Mon @ DB

Beat 3 team in the Arby's after loosing to Maryville by 4 with Starting Post Player sitting on the bench until the end of the 3rd qtr.

Beat SH in a packed DB DOME

Turned around the very next day and traveled 4 hrs to Roanoke VA and BEAT Defending VA AAA Stat Champs- Cave Springs

DB Defense has held every opponent but 3 to 60 pts or less, and won every won of those games

5 players scoring in double figures

Move over or get run over, DB IS RED HOT!!

Giddy Up!!

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 1-27-03 9:36P]