Admission costs??

Celinafan

I think it's $4 at Cosby also.

I agree there should be student tickets/ family discounts.

Cosby has 4 home games this week. 4 Family members = $72 just to get in the door.

Kind of on a similar note, Do any gyms still sell

Cokes with Ice?? We were talking the other night about

remembering all the times games were stopped during

our high school years because of Ice on the floor.

Of course, I'm sure I would have laughed at you if someone

would have told me I would be paying $1 for a bottle of

WATER at every game.

Go Eagles...!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lenoir City and most other schools in the area charge $4.00. LC charges $5.00 for tournaments. Soft drinks (carbonated and Powerade) are $1.50 and water $1.25, all sold in bottles. The moisture on the floor comes from someone getting knocked down, not ice.

We make a mean petro, so ya'll come see us. :D

Our school charges $5.00 at the gate. But, students and anyone else who wants to can buy a season pass for $25.00. That's $2.50 per game if they come to all 10 home games. They are saving $25.00. With the price of officiating going up each year that's about the best deal our system could come up with.

A lot of schools charge $5 but some as much as $6 per game. I have 3 children and this can get very expensive. My husband is a coach so we get in home games free. However, when we travel to away games the TSSAA pass only gets in 2 of us. Most schools still make me pay for 2 kids even after telling them I'm the coach's wife. Then there are the high prices at the concession stands. Being supportive of my husband and his team can be very expensive. I wish there was a family pass for coach's families, because that is less money I have to spend on their high priced food. The schools would get the same amount of money out of us either way.

CELINAFAN...I go to Ooltewah and we do exactly what you are talkin about doin except with football. Football tickets were normally something like 8 dollars and they would sell them to students during the school day for 5 dollars. We did this to increase the crowd but because there were so many people at the football games they would sell out and they wanted students to have the first oppertunity to get tickets. It is a great idea and it works.

At Volunteer the cost is $4.00 for regular season games and $5.00 for the Christmas Tournament. A season pass is $30.00 for an individual or $60.00 (I believe) for a family pass.

The prices, admission and concessions, do not seem to have gone up as much as everything else since I was in high school many years ago. It seems that children have a whole lot more money now than I had at their age. For that reason I do not see that the expense should keep the students away.

The cost of admission to go to a game is truly high for a family. By the time a family pays to get into the game there is $16.00 if the price is $4.00 a ticket then everyone in the family wants at least a drink then you look at $4 or $5 more. And the school plays 3 games a week it is too much for the average family to pay. What is bad too is some get in free that should not and it leaves the others to pay their part. I don't think kids should pay to get into the games. My child does not even watch the game. I don't have anyone to keep it so I have to take it with me. It seems if you have a child that is still in school they should not pay. Or make everyone pay like school personell such as principals, assistant principals, friends of the coaches, bus drivers and their familys. It is not right that some people do not pay and yet we have to pay what they do not pay. It needs to be right for all not only a choosen few.