The MBA You Know

itzme

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FlyBy,

As this thread dries up under the heat of truth and logic, you might want to check out the "Perhaps" thread. It is going places I am sure its originator did not intend.

The point? Kids are kids are kids. Parents are parents are parents. Love is love is love. I could go on, but you would probably puke.

Dingo

Glad to see that Dingo is "the" Truth Detector." I have completed my research on this topic. Apparently, there is not a credible, independent ranking of private secondary schools. Andover does not participate in any rankings.

The facts about Andover vs. MBA are self-evident. Dingo will hit the keyboards with more qualifications in his argument, but the merits of Andover speak for themselves.

Dingo, do you know where the President of the United States attended (and graduated) high school? One guess...and he also graduated from a university in the northeast.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't taken the time to read every post in this thread, simply for the fact that it would take me all year. However, I have sensed some disagreement on whether or not an MBA education is as quality as an education from a school such as an Exeter/Andover/etc.

My answer to this question is a simple one. Do not take this as a pompous comment, as I have seen some things get taken out of hand in this thread. Let me first give you some details about myself:

My name is Michael McDaniel, and I am currently a senior at MBA. I play on the baseball team. I am an above average thinker but a somewhat average student. I have a 3.5 GPA. I scored a 1430 on the SAT, and a 33 on the ACT.

Personally, I do not consider these to be great scores for what I am capable of, since I do have very high standards set by my peers. However, let me get back to the topic in question... I do have a wonderful talent in solving math problems quickly; I guess you could say I have solid "problem solving" techniques. My sophomore year, I was contacted by Exeter to attend school there for the remainder of my high school years. The chance to do academic work 12 hours daily is impossible to turn down, right? Wrong, I did it, because I like the well-rounded feeling I get from attending MBA and I would feel one-sided if I had no variety in my high-school life. I'm sure some people would love it, but it's not for me.

To get to my final point, A comparison between an MBA and an Exeter Academy is not even relevant. Schools like that RECRUIT, let me repeat RECRUIT, talented students to attend. A distant MBA student is one who travels an hour to get to school every day, while a distant Exeter student is from Japan. Comparisons are irrelevant.

You said:

To get to my final point, A comparison between an MBA and an Exeter Academy is not even relevant. Schools like that RECRUIT, let me repeat RECRUIT, talented students to attend. A distant MBA student is one who travels an hour to get to school every day, while a distant Exeter student is from Japan. Comparisons are irrelevant.

What are you saying, that it is not fair to compare academics with a school that recruits from all over the world to one that recruits(or enrolls) from up to an hour away?

If so, this sort of sounds like the meat of another discussion concerning athletics.

CSense why would you try and manipulate his words like that. He saud that exeter recruits students from very far away and has proof in himself. He ipmlied that a far distance for an mba student to travel to school each day is an hour, and i know for a fact that there are very few of those students. Quit trying to manipulate the words of others so that you can trap them into a recruiting thread. MBA does not have to recruit, it sells itself

I'm not trying to manipulate his words, I just asked the question. His comment roused my curiousity. It sounds like something similar that I have heard before. I don't care if MBA recruits or not.

Besides, who asked you? I would appreciate it if you would not butt in on any more of my posts when I am asking a particular poster what he/she was talking about.

You are the one trying to manipulate my words.