Metro Jobs?

Guest Gladiator1

Pioneer, like most TSSAA rules, Metro has tougher versions to follow. In Metro, you have to be a certified teacher to be a head coach. You can be a certified non-faculty assistant which would include those grandfathered in by past experience. You see, if there is ANYONE employed as a metro teacher that applies for the job, they have to be hired over non-teaching people.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My picks are based on whether on not Aydelott is really out of the picture. If he is ...Glencliff-Abner...HL-Campbell...McGavock-Armstrong...

Stratford-Broome, if he has his certifications completed. I am really only sure of the same one we all are sure about.

Other predictions...HL will have the quickest/continued success, but will not win the big one until the head coach can pick his own staff...too many headhunters/backstabbers that wont get the job this time either on that staff.

McGavock will pick up their level quickly, but won't win big until after Armstong has retired to work for Easton.

Glencliff won't win at all until Mexico and Kurdistan make American football their national sport.

Stratford will continue to be competitive, but wont win big until someone figures out how to get the athletes eligible and out of jail.

Pioneer, you are correct, in that, the TSSAA did change their rules on this matter; however, I don't know of any school district in the state that would hire a coach unless he is a certified teacher. This is where your local teacher contracts come into play. Hamilton County, Knox County, Davidson County, Shelby County, and Metro Nashville have tougher regulations with regards to head football coaches.

With Campbell getting the HL job and Armstrong or Baskin edging Broome out for the MC job what makes the Stratford opening a good pick for Broome, considering there is only one coach available now that Coach Guidry is serving as an Administrator, and that Coach is Brandon Smith. A Coach taking the Stratford position would at least have to be able to bring two to three coaches with him.

if it happens that Campbell does get HL, then Broome would be an obvious choice for Stratford. It will at least have to be a young coach...no one with any years in coaching will not want this one. Broome graduated from Stratford, and if he can bring in some new coaches as assistants, then it would be a great fit for all.

These are all "ifs"!!! I just llike to throw things in to keep the interest up. But these are definite possiblities based on good info.