3A teams to watch for

PowerSet

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gatlinburg-Pittman goes to 2A this yr. Also, Ridgeway(last

yrs. champ) goes to 4A.

Don't expect to see Reg.4 going to the"boro" this year.

At Trousdale, we will have a good season, as usual, but not

that good. I can always hope, but being realistic.

Reg. 4 should be a dog fight, which is good, and will make

it very interesting.

Believe this or not but GP is moving down to 2A next season. Seymour and Sull North--if ACs offensive coordinator Wampler decides to go home could give AC, AE, and Fulton a run, but....I do know that most of the "big guns" (were juniors this past season) for the Mavs will be on the prowl next season as Sanders, Mounts, and Wright are looking for their chance to play in the 'Buro my friends.

I (being a Macon County Fan) realize that Trousdale did loose a great deal of good Athletes at the end of the season. However, they still have great athletes on the sqad. I have been told that the McCall kid actually has a faster 40 time than T.T had. I know that does not mean he will be as good as T.T. but speed is nice to have. Football is not a sport in Trousdale County, It is a way of life, they always have someone to step it up a notch and fill the shoes of a previous senior. They have a good staff down there and Satterfield will have them ready to play. I wish that all this that I have typed was not true (I am a tiger fan by the way) but it is a reflection on how hard the coaches and players work year in and year out. I do not think that they will make it back to the Semi-Finals this year, but it would not entirely be a shock if they did. It is going to be a battle within the region this year. Portland will bounce back and have a great year, Livingston is quickly rising on the shoulders of some very fine young athletes, Smith County lost a lot but still will be good, and I believe that Macon should be able to contend with the big teams this year as well. They are working as hard as I have heard in a long time. Coach Dyer and crew are going to do well this year. I think I am going to look west this year for the State Champs out of 3-A.

Boorelly...you act as if region 4 has never defeated region two in the semis. Granted the last two years have seen region two do well, alhtough last year was a bit of a surprise based on region 1's early round triumphs over higher seeded region two teams. Regardless, based on tradition over an extended period of time it's looks like these two regions are in fact equally represented in state championships.

1997-White House (Region 4)

1998-Kingston (Region 2)

1999-Portland (Region 4)

2000-Portland (Region 4)

2001-Austin East (Region 2)

2002-Fulton (Region 2)

So, three reps from region two, three from region four, with some teams added or subtracted from the equation, the battle for supremacy is clearly not one-sided. *Before 97, (ie-94-Portland came from west/Marion County from east, 95-Marion from east Humboldt from west, 96-Tyner-east/Melrose-west) there really isn't a clear cut dominance, although the Chattanooga area has some good representation. Bottom line, these are two extremely competitive region, and as the Macon County man states, region 4 could be as wide open as its ever been in '03. ;)

Boorelly...you act as if region 4 has never defeated region two in the semis. Granted the last two years have seen region two do well, alhtough last year was a bit of a surprise based on region 1's early round triumphs over higher seeded region two teams. Regardless, based on tradition over an extended period of time it's looks like these two regions are in fact equally represented in state championships.

1997-White House (Region 4)

1998-Kingston (Region 2)

1999-Portland (Region 4)

2000-Portland (Region 4)

2001-Austin East (Region 2)

2002-Fulton (Region 2)

So, three reps from region two, three from region four, with some teams added or subtracted from the equation, the battle for supremacy is clearly not one-sided. *Before 97, (ie-94-Portland came from west/Marion County from east, 95-Marion from east Humboldt from west, 96-Tyner-east/Melrose-west) there really isn't a clear cut dominance, although the Chattanooga area has some good representation. Bottom line, these are two extremely competitive region, and as the Macon County man states, region 4 could be as wide open as its ever been in '03. ;)

Guest ELittle

What will Smith Co. and Trousdale have this year? I know they lost everything. I hear Macon will be good this season and Livingston has some young players that can compete. I really Concerned with the first two.

Trousdale will still be a very strong team. They will still have great speed and talent at every position. They will not be as strong as they were last year, but they will be very good.

Smith County will depend on whether or not they have any unexpected talent to rise up. They lost about every skill player and a few lineman, however, they still have a great tradition there so I expect them to be a very solid team. Livingston and Macon should both be improved once again this year. Livingston has a very good Q.B. who will be a sophomore this year as well as good speed at tail back and other skill positions. Macon will be a very strong and physical football team. With only one or two positions to fill from last year. They have 4 returning offensive lineman who have started together their previous two seasons. I still say the team to be watching will be Portland. Not many people realize that they are returning just about everyone from last years playoff team who beat a first seated team and played a very tight game against smith county. They were young an inexperienced at a lot of positions last year and I believe that may have caused them to show some inconsistency from one game to the next. I do not see that being a problem this year after getting 12 games under their belt last year.So dont count them out.

tbp... I am not saying that to disrespect region 4. Matter of fact I expected Trousdale to make it to the big game this year. Since AE and AC has been in region 2 (granted only 2 years) they have won the semi-final. all we keep hearing about is region 4. But when we play against these teams region 2 wins out. We used to hear about the dominance of Portland and Smith and Trousdale and how tough region 4 is. I will admit that there is alot of tradition in that region. A lot of great champions. Just now the bar in east tennesseee has been raised. AE may have to drop back to 2A once their true attendance is found out. AE has on their enrollment more students than actually attend school. many of them have just quit and it is unannounced. AE attendance director said that AE enrollment is acutually a lot less. I hope whether or not this is true AE stays 3 or 4 A. I like playying against region 4 teams in the semi's. A lot of tradition both ways.