Fulton vs AE - Part III

splainshornet

Year after Year, Austin-East and Fulton seem to match-up in the 3AA finals. They split this year's games with AE winning at home and Fulton doing the same. It'll be the upbeat run and gun, and pressing style of the Roadrunners versus the Falcons deliberate offense, and solid Man-To-Man defense. A Big crowd will be expected at Alcoa Friday, and predictions.

With Bearden's losing Cruze; Fulton vs Austin-East is easily Knoxville #1 vs Knoxville #2.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How big of a game is this? Chances are very high that these same 2 teams could meet again for the region title. The only team that would have a chance against either would be Loudon.

It is a big game because of the fact that it IS WITHOUT A DOUBT the two best teams in Knoxville going head to head.

Fulton by 5

Mitchell doesn't get credit he deserves because everyone thinks he has better athletes. Although they may be good athletes someone has to make them into basketball players and a team. Coach Mitchell does that on a consistent basis. Definately one of the top 5 in Tennessee in my opinion. Who will win, I hope Fulton but it will go down the wire. Turnovers and Free throw shooting will be the difference.

Yes, At AE there are the superior players but also there's a Coach that get the best out them. Coach Mitchell teaches his players these two words, "Defense and Teamwork." If you can't get those two things out of players, then you don't have "TEAM" Mitchell gets that out of his players. And also, he's a man of words! He suspended his starting point guard for two games because he came to practice with brainds. That's the number 1 rule at AE!

Like someone stated, "Mitchell doesn't get the respect he should get."

The game tomorrow will be close and I see them Runners showing up this team and bringing the gold back to the House!

Recruiter? Who has A-E ever recruited? All A-E players are home grown, and most come from Vine Middle. Some don't even play basket ball at Vine; they wait until they get to A-E. Talent, yes, but you guys keep forgeting who shapes that talent into players, and once they leave A-E they are better people than they are players. Also you may want to check the other schools when you say recruit. Remember also, when you start thinking about coaching, each player at A-E knows their role and what they're good at. They also put team goals before individual goals. That's what makes the A-E program a good program year in and year out, and that's why their coach is one of the best coaches in the state.

:x :confused: :rolleyes:

[Edited by masterc on 2-27-03 11:30A]

Are you talking about A.E. sending a represenative to all the middle schools to tell the students about their magnet program. I am not sure that is considered recruiting because they are talking to all the students not just prospective athletes. Any way rest assured A.E. has lost more athletes to Central than they will ever gain by promoting their magnet program. As for Coach Mitchell it takes a good coach to make good athletes into a team.

Ask Carter, West, Gibbs, and South Doyle coaches if they have ever lost a kid to AE. Kids are going to go play where they want to and maybe it's because of the fine programs the magnet school offers. I'm not calling it recruiting, but a lot of kids that play for AE right now didn't go to Vine. I honestly don't care where Skee-Bo, Bogus, etc. went to middle school.......