riggs

frankiebeans

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riggs has tremendous talent. He has already upset the coaches at UT. I played for Coach McCorvey in College and I know he has higher expectations for the RB position than many other coaches on their staff. Riggs has been a disappointment in their morning workouts. He has not been a leader or shown that he has the desire to compete on this level. Sometimes when you help a student out too much, they tend to expect that help from then on. There is too much competition at UT and at RB in the SEC to be a weak practice player. He will not play much next year if he can not pick up a blitzing LB.

Guest DefEnd76

I can name two other running backs that graduated the same year from high school as Riggs from the same town that were better than him: Patrick Flanagan of Ooltewah and Charles White of Red Bank. Patrick holds the career rushing record for Chattanooga, and Charles hold the single season record. One other thing these two players have that Riggs did not is heart. I'm not as sure about White as I am about Flanagan, but I never saw Patrick at anytime lose heart, and when you mix that with the speed and power, I would take him over Gerald Riggs for my team anyday.

flyinpro, you have got to be kidding me? so you went and watched him a couple games and now you are such an expert? NOT AN ATHLETE? are you kidding me? i went to school with him at red bank and our freshmen year i watched him come out of the stands in the gym and dunk a basketball in wing tips and a tie on, without warming up! please when you try and say someone isn't an athlete know what you are talking about! also he was ranked as high as he was by experts that rank players for a living! are you one of them? billmorgan, UT is not gonna baby him and "make sure" he makes the grades! that idea was engrained into geralds head all through his high school career and no one realized that it's college, not high school anymore! they aren't gonna have someone there to wake him up every morning and make sure he turns his papers in! he has a great oppurtunity in front of him and needs to realize that he needs to get his "stuff" together and be responsible. i hope he can turn it around and make the grades to be able to play and make a name for himself in the future!

You have to be kidding when you say that riggs wasnt as good as they said he was. I guess every recruiting service and coacht in the country just saw something that the people on coacht didnt. I mean, i guess miami, tennessee, nebraska, lsu and every other school just messed up when they were going after this guy. Not everyone can get looked at by these types of schools, so the kid must have something about him. It may not be work ethic but he has real ability.

Guest DefEnd76

Patrick Flanagan is at UTC where this year he played every special teams team and was a back up running back. He scored a touchdown against Wofford, I believe, and he played in the opening game against West Virginia. I'm not too sure where Charles White is. He signed with UTC, but I think he wasn't eligible. As far as all this who's better, I've tackled both Riggs and Flanagan, and as far as getting the yardage after the hit, Riggs is soft. Anyone who has seen Patrick Flanagan run will know that he is an awesome runner after the hit, and at UTC, he will continue to be a great football player. Also, he's got the heart and the brain for the game, neither which I have seen apply to Riggs.

If Riggs was not a D-1 athlete Tennessee would not have signed him. As for the jealous rages on here, just stop. He was as good of a back as there was in the nation. I coached a team that played against East Ridge and Charles White and we held him to 58 yards. By the way, we were only a AA school. He was a good back but no where near the caliber of Riggs. Flanagan was good but he was not as good as Riggs.

yeah white and flanagan were sooooo much better than riggs yet theyre going to UTC...hmmmmmm that doesnt really add up. sure his last name didnt hurt him but i played against the two backs,riggs and flanagan, and(not saying im an expert)but riggs was definitely better overall to me. he has great vision and is really fast and just a great overall athlete. flanagan is certainly not a wash either, i think he was really good and ran harder than riggs but lacked in the other playmaking areas. i know your from ooltewah defend and its understandable that you want to give props to an alum of ooltewah but i think you need to be realistic.