Giles County Vs. Lewis County

LegendsPRman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there front and center. I hope its a fight to the end. I have not seen smith yet this year, tonight should be fun. Will LC play man or what, what else will they run. They should try box and 1 if its possible for this smith guy. Put your best defender in his face and nothing else, try to get him out of the game. I hear thier other guys can hurt you just as bad. What should happen if kelt were coaching???????????????

I don't know about anyone else, but here's my take on the game after seeing most Panther games and several Bobcat games. I believe if things go just right, the Panthers could pull off the upset. However there are several key things that must happen. First the Lewis County crowd must be the biggest and loudest we've seen all year. The student section usual is good, but tonight it must be great. The Giles County crowd prides itself on being the best in the state and you youngsters need to prove them wrong tonight. I wouldn't sit balled up in the far corner, I would spread it out or sit in the middle where you'd make more of an impact. Second you have to take Tyler Smith out early and DEFINITELY don't let him get a dunk. Last night when the Page kid dunked it several times, it really fired up the fans and the team and they went on a big run against you. Keeping their morale down is key. As for Smith you have to get him in foul trouble EARLY, with either offensive charges or defensive fouls. He pushes off a lot and jumps into people so a couple of offensive fouls against him are very possible if you've got a good Vlade Divac "flopper" on the team. Third you must keep the other players from hitting the three pointer. They killed us over there at Giles because their other players hit three after three. A box and 1 as suggested earlier may work if our men are quick enough to cover their three's. Sparkman would be great to put on the side with the great shooting white guy so he'd get a hand up in his face, if he wasn't on Smith. These are just some key things I believe would be needed in order for us to win. Believe me, Johnson and Cox definitely have something prepared already as they head in to tonight's game. They have done excellent all year and I expect the same tonight. Good luck Panthers.