BEST FOOTBALL MOVIE EVER...

smally02

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy,

Get the idea. Remember the Titians is great!

:):D:D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Rudy - Because it just is.

2. Remember the Titans - Denzel Washington, great story, great action, what else do you need?

All others are on a second tier, but Sequatchie, I'm with you on Wildcats.

"Here we are Coach, all suited up and ready to play."

"Be on the five in field minutes."

One movie that i have not seen one person put,is called Hometown Hero,If u havent seen it,i HIGHLY reccomend it to anyone who enjoys football.

Then the list reads not in any order...

Varsity blues

The longest yard

Rudy

Remember the titans

Unecessary roughness

I know I've said it before but Varsity Blues is one of the worst football movies of all time! It can't even be listed with Rudy, Remember the Titans, or any of the others. The movie shows the ultimate disrespect for the game and if your football program remotely resembles the program depicted in this movie, something is wrong. Again, Remember The Titans is the best football movie of all time followed by RUDY as a close second. Another absolute GREAT movie is Everybody's All-American. If you've never seen this movie, it is great!

Ela, Just because Varsity Blues shows the darker side of high school ball in a comedic way does not make it a bad movie. It was entertaining, so I like it. If you think that stuff like in that movie doesn't go on, then you have been living in a closet. Not all coaches are good men, and not all players are good guys. Varsity blues is more realistic than Rudy. do you really think he made that sack?

Rudy is a true story, Varsity Blues is not. I grew up in Texas and I understand the Religion of Texas Football! As a coach, I have listened to players talk about Varsity Blues. I have talked to at least twenty other coaches across the state who have said the same thing. Yes, it is entertaining, but the dark side of this movie CAN breed contempt within a football squad. VERY FEW coaches fit the mold of the coach in that movie, and I have never heard of any football team that could work together without coaches. RUDY has a theme that supports the best of what football is all about. Varsity Blues is a very dark movie that does not uphold any of these values! The theme it supports is the opposite of team work. It suggests that when a coach pushes hard, he's not doing what is best for the team. Let's face it, football is not always fun, it is hard work. The best times I ever had in football came after the big win, not before. I have never known a football coach who didn't want what is best for his team. I just think Varsity Blues is a terrible movie. Most coaches will agree with me! TEAM WORK is the central theme, philosophy, or concept of football. Varsity Blues takes players in the opposite direction! I think our differences about this movie may come from the fact that we view the game from different perspectives. Walk in my shoes for a couple of years and you may see it differently?

One more thing, at the end of the movie when they run the "Hook and Ladder play," the big fat linemen is downfield on a pass play! Illegal man downfield! JUST A THOUGHT...

[Edited by ELA on 3-5-03 10:02P]

NO! varsity blues blows as a movie b/c there country accents are Crap.. any self respecting southerner would realise that any football movie where the lead character sounds like he should be working at Backstreet in ATL, cannot be considered up there with the best. Rudy is and probably will always be the greates and even though im only 18 i know that Brians Song should Rock your socks off. two great movies!